USB - Not Working

Old July 24th 05, 08:36 PM
Jake

Default USB - Not Working

I just built an ASUS Socket 478 PC (model P4S800-MX). The ASUS
software tells you to download Microsoft Service Pack 1 to receive the
USB drivers, however micosoft.com only allows you to download SP2. I
dowloaded SP2 and the USB do not work. I proceeded to download every
"fix" I found on the internet. I uninstalled and reinstalled
probably 10 times with every supposed fix. I then found an article
that stated too many USB hookups could cause failure so I unplugged
the front ports that wire into the m/board and relied on the rear
ports hardwired into the m/board; still nothing. I’m using Win XP,
can anyone offer advice?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-B...pict59411.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=300784
Old July 24th 05, 08:46 PM
JAD

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

news:7_300784_2d033483697d2413ebc24e3b4650871a@har dwareforumz.com...

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's

request

Old July 24th 05, 08:49 PM
JAD

oooooops---sent too fast its under 'utilities' not drivers

motherboard-model-utilities

Old July 24th 05, 10:03 PM
kony

On 24 Jul 2005 15:36:04 -0400, Jake
wrote:

I just built an ASUS Socket 478 PC (model P4S800-MX). The ASUS
software tells you to download Microsoft Service Pack 1 to receive the
USB drivers, however micosoft.com only allows you to download SP2.

Are you sure about that?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...1/network.mspx

Old July 25th 05, 10:00 AM
old jon

http://www.driverguide.com/ Try here.

Old July 25th 05, 06:17 PM
Tweek

Generally after this happens, you need to right click on the usb controller
in device manager and select 'update driver'. Let it automatically search
for drivers and it should install the correct drivers.

Old July 26th 05, 10:54 PM
L. Peter Stacey

I wonder if you are having a similar problem to one I have. Installed a new
USB card with two outlets but everything I tried I could not get the USB to
work or install drivers for it on W2K. Finally for some unknown reason I
changed my connection to the other socket and BINGO I had it working. It
also did not need any software or drivers to be installed.
Forgotten about this until I got another USB item, went to connect it and
found it would not work in the available empty socket. But it does work in
the other socket.
At this point too late to go back to the seller for a warranty claim, hope
it can be fixed by a 'refit'.
Cheers, Peter S.

"Jake" wrote in message
news:7_300784_2d033483697d2413ebc24e3b4650871a@har dwareforumz.com...
I just built an ASUS Socket 478 PC (model P4S800-MX). The ASUS
software tells you to download Microsoft Service Pack 1 to receive the
USB drivers, however micosoft.com only allows you to download SP2. I
dowloaded SP2 and the USB do not work. I proceeded to download every
"fix" I found on the internet. I uninstalled and reinstalled
probably 10 times with every supposed fix. I then found an article
that stated too many USB hookups could cause failure so I unplugged
the front ports that wire into the m/board and relied on the rear
ports hardwired into the m/board; still nothing. I'm using Win XP,
can anyone offer advice?

SNIP