How hard are you overclocking your X800XL

Old June 15th 06, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default How hard are you overclocking your X800XL

Just curious, for those of you with a X800XL , what overlock speeds are you
using. Also, what cooler, if not stock.

Thanks

Old June 15th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

My brother is at xt850 speeds, stock cooler. It's an AIWx800xl

Mike

. ..

Old June 15th 06, 11:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

My brother is at xt850 speeds, stock cooler. It's an AIWx800xl

Interesting. Mine is an X800XL made by ATI and if I hit 436mb with ATI tool, the
machine shuts down. I wonder how I could do what your bro does. My cooler
is a Thermalright V-1 which normally idles at 41C-43C but the case is a tall one of
steel (full tower) that is tight cramped, only 15-1/2 inches front to back, I got a large
roomy aluminum case that will arrive today via UPS.

--
})))* Giant_Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Old June 15th 06, 09:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Blackstone" wrote in message
. ..
Just curious, for those of you with a X800XL , what overlock speeds are
you using. Also, what cooler, if not stock.

Thanks

Try https://www.tekheads.co.uk

Good service and good stock .

Old June 15th 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

His is bbATI as well, just got it from futureshop in Canada a month or so
ago, just left it stock and cranked it up, was lucky I guess. I paid almost
$100 more for an x800gto a few months ago and our cards clock neck and neck.

Mike

Old August 21st 06, 06:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Greg Campbell

Blackstone wrote:

Just curious, for those of you with a X800XL , what overlock speeds are you
using. Also, what cooler, if not stock.

Thanks

It will do about 440/550 with the stock cooler, running in mid 60's.
That's about 15MHz (core) before artifacts start to show, but any higher
makes the system crash prone. For most use, I putt along at 420 and
535. A wimpy OC, but prudent given the marginal cooling and high temps
here in Az.

Will remove the Zalman 700 from my old R9700 and transfer it to the XL
soon. I don't expect much OC gain, but a drop in core temp can't hurt
longevity.

-Greg
Old August 21st 06, 06:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Greg Campbell

Greg Campbell wrote:
Blackstone wrote:

Just curious, for those of you with a X800XL , what overlock speeds
are you using. Also, what cooler, if not stock.

Thanks

It will do about 440/550 with the stock cooler, running in mid 60's.
-Greg

Oops, typo/brain fart. Make that 435 max stable, with crashing starting
not far beyond 440.

-Greg
Old August 21st 06, 07:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
James H

running at 405/540, with Artic Cooler 5, have run stable over 550. Idle I
get 40C goes up to lower 60s or upper 50s under heavy load.AC dropped me
10-15C, great cooler with easy install (10 min.)

"Greg Campbell" wrote in message