What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

Old November 21st 14, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ron

Default What Is The Difference Between These Two HDD?

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external hard
drives?

I going out of state next week and I'm going to backup a LOT of pictures
and a few docs from my sister's computers (a desktop and a laptop).

I have an old WD 250gb "My Book" that I have a lot of pics, docs, and
music stored on...so I'm familiar with them. Just don't understand why
WD would have 2 external HDD that are basically the same thing (from
what I can tell) but labeled differently.

Old November 21st 14, 08:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Anssi Saari

Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
hard drives?

With a very quick look it looks like the slightly more expensive one
includes the backup software (WD SmartWare Pro) while the slightly
cheaper one has a trial version of it. The actual hardware may well be
the same.
Old November 21st 14, 02:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo [_2_]

On 11/21/2014 02:46 AM, Anssi Saari wrote:
Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
hard drives?

With a very quick look it looks like the slightly more expensive one
includes the backup software (WD SmartWare Pro) while the slightly
cheaper one has a trial version of it. The actual hardware may well be
the same.

That's what to looks like to me too.

If one is doing manual backups the less expensive drive would be
fine...and the price really looks good.
Old November 21st 14, 03:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Yes[_2_]

Anssi Saari wrote:

Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
hard drives?

With a very quick look it looks like the slightly more expensive one
includes the backup software (WD SmartWare Pro) while the slightly
cheaper one has a trial version of it. The actual hardware may well be
the same.

Difficult to say. One is in WD's Elements series; the other is in a
different series. Physical specs are just slightly different too. So
close to tell that probably need a WD tech to explain.
Old November 22nd 14, 05:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ron

Ron writes:

Can someone tell me what the difference is between these 2 external
hard drives?

With a very quick look it looks like the slightly more expensive one
includes the backup software (WD SmartWare Pro) while the slightly
cheaper one has a trial version of it. The actual hardware may well be
the same.

That's what to looks like to me too.

If one is doing manual backups the less expensive drive would be
fine...and the price really looks good.

Damn, the price of My Book went down $10.00 from one day to the next.

They were both $89.99 in my OP.

Thanks everyone. The auto backup software is also the only difference
that I see.
Old November 22nd 14, 10:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo [_2_]

On 11/22/2014 11:29 AM, Ron wrote:

If one is doing manual backups the less expensive drive would be
fine...and the price really looks good.

Damn, the price of My Book went down $10.00 from one day to the next.

They were both $89.99 in my OP.

Thanks everyone. The auto backup software is also the only difference
that I see.

The price is so good I should get one even though I don't need one at
the present time.

Of course the last time I ordered a few extra /huge/ drives because the
price was right they were 160gig ATA and I never did use them all up yet!

Difference between P35/C and DSR R/P Keith Gigabyte Motherboards 2 September 7th 07 11:57 AM
AGP vs PCI-E - how big is the difference? BrockLanders Homebuilt PC's 16 March 28th 07 01:28 PM
difference usb and usb 2 crocky Intel 2 September 25th 04 09:58 AM
What's the difference Tom Swift Dell Computers 7 December 13th 03 01:47 AM
Difference Daniel Mallet Nvidia Videocards 1 November 27th 03 12:34 AM