Artisan 835 Scan Problem

Old April 18th 14, 08:32 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default Artisan 835 Scan Problem

My Epson Artisan835 AIO can do batch scans from printer to PC. At
one time I had the printer connected via USB, and it worked just fine.
Now I have the printer connected over the router (network). I don't
see a way to do said scans from AIO to PC. The printer only shows USB
as the path I must use. Of course I do not have a USB cable connected
from the AIO to the PC. And I do not have the AIO drivers installed
for that capability either. In fact I would think the Artisan
installer would balk at creating two paths to the AIO. OTOH, I can
and did do a one-page-at-a-time scan manually from AIO to PC just now.
So, I wonder why the automatic mult-page scan would not work AIO to
PC via the network.

I am in W7.

Thanks

Big Fred
Old April 20th 14, 01:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

My Epson Artisan835 AIO can do batch scans from printer to PC. At
one time I had the printer connected via USB, and it worked just fine.
Now I have the printer connected over the router (network). I don't
see a way to do said scans from AIO to PC. The printer only shows USB
as the path I must use. Of course I do not have a USB cable connected
from the AIO to the PC. And I do not have the AIO drivers installed
for that capability either. In fact I would think the Artisan
installer would balk at creating two paths to the AIO. OTOH, I can
and did do a one-page-at-a-time scan manually from AIO to PC just now.
So, I wonder why the automatic mult-page scan would not work AIO to
PC via the network.

I am in W7.

Thanks

Big Fred

The Artisan works just fine over USB, Ethernet or WiFi.

Make sure the Artisan is powered-up.

In the Start Menu
Programs -- Epson -- Epson Scan --Epson Scan Settings

It should find the Artisan or you can specifically give it the IP address of
the Artisan.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old May 1st 14, 09:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:26:54 -0400, "David H. Lipman"

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:26:54 -0400, in comp.periphs.printers you
wrote:

clip

Sorry I missed your response. Please accept my apology.

That said, I think I did not state my problem accurately or clearly.
I have had my Artisan 835 for a few years now. I first installed and
used it on a single XP machine via its USB, then did same on a second
machine (XP), and used sharing on both machines. Installed fine.
Printed fine. Scanned fine (using the PC Epson scan software). The
second machine worked through the first machine of course. Both
machines were connected to the internet via CAT5 to my router which
had no bearing on my USB connections.

Then I replaced XP with W7 on the first machine. Next. I connected
the 835 to my wireless router via CAT5, and re-installed it as a
network printer. on both machines. Installed fine. Printed fine.
Scanned fine (using PC Epson scan software).

Now then, I came up with a need to batch-scan multiple pages from the
835 to either machine as JPEG page-images. I chose the XP machine. I
quickly discovered that the 835 front panel only gives me three
choices:

Scan to memory card
Scan to PC
Scan tol PC (PDF)

I wanted to scan to photo (JPEG). Hence my question.

In the meantime, I took the tediously slower route, and scanned from
the PC, one page in the 835 at a time, using the PC's Epson scan
software. Worked fine, and I am now done. So my project is done,
and I no longer need to batch scan from 835 to PC JPEGs. Still wonder
about it.

I could make JPEGs the one way, but not the other (faster) way.

Thank you and rest easy.

Big Fred

---

Old May 1st 14, 09:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

wrote:

[...]

This is where TWAIN comes in.

The scanner is TWAIN compliant and when you use the "Epson Scan Settings"
utility you idfentify to the PC how to get to the scanner over Ethernet
(aka; over the wire). Then you can use any TWAIN software or use the handy
"EPSON Scan" utility and you pull the job off the scanner. Either as fro
the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or from the glass.

Using the handy "EPSON Scan" utility you can scan via the ADF and create a
multipage PDF. For an inexpensive AIO, a powerful capability.

Old May 2nd 14, 12:15 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Thu, 1 May 2014 16:54:43 -0400, "David H. Lipman"
wrote:

This is where TWAIN comes in.

The scanner is TWAIN compliant and when you use the "Epson Scan Settings"
utility you idfentify to the PC how to get to the scanner over Ethernet
(aka; over the wire). Then you can use any TWAIN software or use the handy
"EPSON Scan" utility and you pull the job off the scanner. Either as fro
the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) or from the glass.

Using the handy "EPSON Scan" utility you can scan via the ADF and create a
multipage PDF. For an inexpensive AIO, a powerful capability.

Understand & acknowledge.

BF

---

Epson Artisan 835 Scan Problem Frederick Printers 7 December 25th 12 07:10 PM
Epson Artisan 50 problem [email protected] Printers 5 April 14th 12 11:21 PM
artisan 810 error jeepster Printers 0 March 11th 11 03:06 AM
Epson Artisan 710 & 810? [email protected] General 7 March 15th 10 02:28 AM
epson scan - do levels adjustment at scan time yield any more infothan post-scan level adjustments? Alex Hunsley Scanners 0 August 21st 04 02:36 AM