Win 7 Clean Install advice wanted

Old January 11th 13, 08:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Win 7 Clean Install advice wanted

I am planning to do a clean install to a new SSD.

I have a lot of software on the machine. With
items such as Photoshop, Norton, Lightroom and MS
Office (retail version, not OEM) should I uninstall
the software from the current OS before the clean install?

Or will these vendors recognize that it is mostly the same
hardware and hence the same machine and accept the Product
Keys a 2nd time?

Anything else I should look out for? I have the Dell OEM
full Windows disk, so I assume that as in XP doing the
reinstall will not require any phone calls to MS to activate
windows...

If it relevant, this is a 64 bit version of windows.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
Old January 11th 13, 11:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Andrew" == writes:

Andrew I am planning to do a clean install to a new SSD.

Andrew I have a lot of software on the machine. With items such as
Andrew Photoshop, Norton, Lightroom and MS Office (retail version,
Andrew not OEM) should I uninstall the software from the current OS
Andrew before the clean install?

Andrew Or will these vendors recognize that it is mostly the same
Andrew hardware and hence the same machine and accept the Product
Andrew Keys a 2nd time?

Andrew Anything else I should look out for? I have the Dell OEM
Andrew full Windows disk, so I assume that as in XP doing the
Andrew reinstall will not require any phone calls to MS to activate
Andrew windows...

Andrew If it relevant, this is a 64 bit version of windows.

OK, I got answers about Adobe (deactivate, then uninstall for PS, just
uninstall for Lightroom), and Office (it will recognize the machine). I
still do not know for Norton.

Old January 15th 13, 05:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Happy Oyster[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 18:17:52 -0500, wrote:

"Andrew" == writes:

[...]

But that is insane. It would mean that no backup of a HDD is possible IN
REAL HARDWARE by having the software on a second HDD. If Adobe insists
on that, they can go to hell. (They can go to hell anyway for their
espionage.)
--

http://www.twitter.com/aribertdeckers http://www.Journalist.is
http://www.kindersprechstunde.at http://www.pharmamafia.com

Clean Install raindrop Gateway Computers 0 July 30th 10 11:47 PM
Win 7: clean install with downloaded file? ToolPackinMama Homebuilt PC's 11 October 23rd 09 09:14 PM
Clean install KEN Gateway Computers 17 December 19th 06 08:26 PM
Re-install Win or wipe and start clean Bryan Dell Computers 0 August 21st 05 06:53 AM
How to do Clean Install Spike9458 Dell Computers 6 December 27th 03 12:41 PM