How to know fan speeds on a Dell

Old February 16th 14, 07:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
micky

Default How to know fan speeds on a Dell

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 07:11:17 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

Sorry, this isn't worth the typing involved...P4, DDR, ATA, XP, if it was my best bud's I would trash it!

You'd throw away someone else's computer?
Old February 16th 14, 08:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob_Villa

wrote:

Sorry, this isn't worth the typing involved...P4, DDR, ATA, XP, if it was my best bud's I would trash it!

You'd throw away someone else's computer?

I certainly would suggest it to them...but I'm sure you knew what I meant!
Old October 18th 14, 12:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Hi, as a Dell Dimension owner I thought I'd add a very simple solution:
Just replace the inexpensive fan if it seems to not be running fast enough.

I suspected the fan: jiggling the wires (or the plug) caused it to momentarily speed up, then back to continuous idle no matter what.

OR; Buy a two wire fan wired directly to the power supply running full blast if the Dell is powered up.

OR: a PCI slot fan that connects to the power supply, with a little speed control knob even.

HD speeds tumppiw Homebuilt PC's 7 December 8th 12 09:11 PM
Memory and bus speeds for Dell Workstations [email protected] Dell Computers 2 October 25th 07 05:02 PM
Processor speeds and video cards with new Dell desktop's History Fan Dell Computers 2 September 26th 07 04:38 PM
changing FSB and AGP speeds (Dell Dimension 4300) Chris General Hardware 3 September 15th 04 07:41 PM
HD Speeds Pablo General Hardware 2 February 7th 04 01:26 AM