Unplugging an ink cartridge?

Old June 28th 03, 07:12 PM
Martin

Default Unplugging an ink cartridge?

I have an OEM HP23 (C1823D) cartridge which is well past its expiration date
but never used. Not surprisingly it is plugged up. I don't know whether
it is salvageable or not, but anyway I tried two suggestions to unplug it.
First I soaked the head in warm water for 24 hrs. No luck. Then I applied
suction, which had worked for me before, but it didn't do it either.

Before I throw it out ($35) I thought I would ask if anyone has any other
ideas.

Thanks for any suggestions

Marty

Old June 29th 03, 03:01 PM
Gary Tait

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 18:12:25 GMT, "Martin"
wrote:

I have an OEM HP23 (C1823D) cartridge which is well past its expiration date
but never used. Not surprisingly it is plugged up. I don't know whether
it is salvageable or not, but anyway I tried two suggestions to unplug it.
First I soaked the head in warm water for 24 hrs. No luck. Then I applied
suction, which had worked for me before, but it didn't do it either.

Before I throw it out ($35) I thought I would ask if anyone has any other
ideas.

Thanks for any suggestions

Marty

\

Soak in alchohol. Steam it. hold the nozzles in steam from your kettle
(preferable one with a small whistle hole).

Old June 29th 03, 04:43 PM
Bob Headrick

wrote:

I have an OEM HP23 (C1823D) cartridge which is well past its expiration date
but never used. Not surprisingly it is plugged up.

Soak in alchohol. Steam it. hold the nozzles in steam from your kettle
(preferable one with a small whistle hole).

The alcohol is a bad idea. While it may (or not) clear the nozzles it is
likely to dry and crack the rubber wipers and cap in the service station,
damaging the printer. If you soak the printhead in alcohol then alcohol will
be soaked into the cartridge and later spit into the service station, and this
can affect your printer.

Regards,