best software to overclock ati 9800 pro?

Old February 18th 04, 06:40 PM
Milo Malhame

Default best software to overclock ati 9800 pro?

Hi all,

I Just upgraded to 9800 pro 128 meg, on win xp pro and 2800 Barton Athlon
system. I was wondering what you guys feel is the best overclocking software
to use on it?
The default clock speeds are 380 x 340. The memory chips are Samsung 313 if
thats of any help. Is there a recommended "safe" percentage to overclock to?
Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Milo

Old February 18th 04, 07:58 PM
GTX_SlotCar

ATItool from he
http://atitool.ocfaq.com/

Gary

--
Tweaks & Reviews
www.slottweak.com

newskOYb.551629$X%5.67740@pd7tw2no...

Old February 18th 04, 11:18 PM
DD

RivaTuner works well for me, it supports all video cards from ATI and
nVidia, plus many from other manufacturers.

DD

Old February 18th 04, 11:34 PM
Sham B

ATItool, and if you also want to overclock monitor refresh rates
(recommended, because if your fps is greater than the refresh rate of the
monitor, you wont actually see many of the extra frames!), then you might
consider Powerstrip.

Old February 19th 04, 12:01 AM
Ben Pope

Milo Malhame wrote:
Hi all,

I Just upgraded to 9800 pro 128 meg, on win xp pro and 2800 Barton Athlon
system. I was wondering what you guys feel is the best overclocking
software to use on it?

Sorry to not answer the question... but it's been adequately answered
already... maybe:

Has anybody tried tricking the new Cats into thinking they have an XT if
they don't, and could that allow overclocking using the XT panel?

I thought the easiest way might be either a reg hack (I haven't bothered to
look for a key, as I don't think it'd work like this) or more likely
altering the device ID's in the driver .inf?

If not, I'll let you know inside of 24 hours.

Ben

Old February 20th 04, 12:06 AM
JTS

The software doesn't really matter. It's the hardware that makes the
overclock successful.