Can you revert back to earlier bios?

Old July 1st 03, 03:37 AM

Default Can you revert back to earlier bios?

I have an A7N8X DELUXE with 1005 bios and wonder if it is possible to
revert back to 1003? I heard that 1005 has some issues, thanks.

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb

Old July 1st 03, 03:57 AM

"Mike Gorman" wrote:
Yes. When you flash up to a new version it's always wise to save your
bios version first. I didn't notice if this was possible using the Alt+F2
flashing but it is possible with most any flash utility. I image you can
simply download the 1003 bios and re-flash with the Alt+F2 or whatever
your using.

Have the battle with flashing bios is making sure you know what your
doing, as it appears that you do and then just getting up the nerve to go
for it.

wrote in message
I have an A7N8X DELUXE with 1005 bios and wonder if it is possible to
revert back to 1003? I heard that 1005 has some issues, thanks.

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb
Corsair 512 meg x 2, XMS PC 3500
Radeon 9800 Pro, 256 DDR

I have flashed alot of boards with no problems. I flashed this board
with 1005 but i don't know if I really need it or not. Do you know what
benefit it may be? Thanks.

Old July 1st 03, 03:58 AM

"pete" wrote:
Yes, just reflash it back.

Easy enough?

Pete

wrote in message
I have an A7N8X DELUXE with 1005 bios and wonder if it is possible to
revert back to 1003? I heard that 1005 has some issues, thanks.

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb
Corsair 512 meg x 2, XMS PC 3500
Radeon 9800 Pro, 256 DDR

Do you know off hand what benefits the 1005 has over the 1003?

Old July 1st 03, 04:18 AM
Mike Gorman

Check out
http://www.asus.com/support/download...A7N8X%20Deluxe for
details

Old July 1st 03, 08:28 AM

"Mike Gorman" wrote:
Check out
http://www.asus.com/support/download...A7N8X%20Deluxe
for details

Do you know what benefit it may be? Thanks.

--
Asus A7N8X deluxe rev. 2.0
AMD XP 3200+, 400fsb
Corsair 512 meg x 2, XMS PC 3500
Radeon 9800 Pro, 256 DDR

I flashed with 1003 tonight as i heard about bugs in 1005. 1005 has
no improvments that would affect me anyway.