Best AGP card for about $150 US

Old February 16th 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default Best AGP card for about $150 US

I'm shopping for an ATI AGP video card. Should I basically just look
for things like pixel pipelines, core clock, memory clock, and
memory interface?

I want it for gaming and dual monitors.

By the way, do dual monitors benefit by a faster card and more
memory, say greater than 128 MB? I've heard that higher end cards
look about the same in lower resolutions. Does that mean a higher
end card would shine in dual monitor applications like Flight
Simulator 2004 when the total number of pixels is about double?

Thank you.

--
thanks for the reply to my prior similar post, sorry I didn't
mention AGP

Old February 17th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"John Doe" wrote in message
I'm shopping for an ATI AGP video card. Should I basically just look
for things like pixel pipelines, core clock, memory clock, and
memory interface?

I want it for gaming and dual monitors.

By the way, do dual monitors benefit by a faster card and more
memory, say greater than 128 MB? I've heard that higher end cards
look about the same in lower resolutions. Does that mean a higher
end card would shine in dual monitor applications like Flight
Simulator 2004 when the total number of pixels is about double?

Thank you.

--
thanks for the reply to my prior similar post, sorry I didn't
mention AGP

Or try this one:

X1600Pro - 12 Pixel Pipes

Old February 19th 06, 01:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"HockeyTownUSA" magma at comcast dot net wrote:

Or try this one:

X1600Pro - 12 Pixel Pipes

I just ordered an ATI RADEON X700 PRO 256MB GDDR3 AGP.

http://tinyurl.com/abs59

Maybe I should have paid closer attention to your suggestion, but
then it probably would've taken me another three hours to decide
between the two.

Trying to find memory clock speed and pixel pipelines is difficult
to impossible for the the one I ordered.

--
thanks to all the replies

Old February 24th 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I wrote:
"HockeyTownUSA" magma at comcast dot net wrote:

Or try this one:
X1600Pro - 12 Pixel Pipes

At least one of the reviewers say it's not actually 12 pixel
pipelines.

After further reading.

Apparently the pipelines issue is either an NVIDIA/ATI fanboy
dispute or it's the result of people misinterpreting their
overclocking utility's readout.

After lots of reading especially of user reviews, I'm very
impressed. But apparently it's not for users who have trouble
installing software and drivers. And it requires significant power.