ATI Radeon 9800 + Capture card or ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9000

Old October 5th 03, 02:21 AM
furanomycin

Default ATI Radeon 9800 + Capture card or ATI Radeon All in Wonder 9000

Hello,

I'm ordering a new machine from HP / Compaq (I'm restricted to them
for a variety of reasons). I'd like to do some video editing on the
machine as well as have a good video card.

The machine specs a

P4 3.0 GHz
1 GB RAM
160 GB Harddrive
17" monitor

Just wondering if getting the 9800 and then a second dedicated USB or
PCI capture/TV tuner card would be the best route?

thanks

MPV
Old October 5th 03, 03:24 AM
Mangyrat

i would get a PCI capture/TV tuner
that way if you ever change video cards later on you can always keep the tv
card.
one other reasond is that if you ever want dual monitors the all in wonder
cards only have one dvi/vga conector and the the normal 9800pro shuld have 2
fga / dvi conectors.
i have transfered my tv card threw 3 builds now and im glad i didnt get a
all in wonder

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

om...

Old October 5th 03, 03:39 AM
Steven

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
[...]

Right now in my main PC, I have an ATI AIW 9700 Pro and a Radeon 32mb SDR
PCI. With this set up, I have great capture abilities, but somewhat
problematic secondary display. (considering that my ancient Radeon 32mb SDR
PCI probably doesn't support DX 9, or DX 8 for all I know).

I too have been interested in having 1 AGP card with dual display AND an ATI
TV Wonder Pro card PCI for capture. So that I can know I'll have DX9x on
primary AND secondary display, but I've heard about MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR
problems with the PCI TV Wonder Pro. Problems with audio sync, problems with
various versions of MMC, Etc...

You know what would be sweet? A Radeon card with dual monitor AND AIW all on
ONE card.

-Steve

Old October 5th 03, 04:52 PM
Mangyrat

check out this site for some good setup's.
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
i have a tv wonder ve not the pro and i only use it for tv watching on my
2nd monitor.
as for the recording problems others have, i have not ran in to them yet.
i rarly use the tv card to record anything but when i do it worked fine.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com