Asus M2N-MX SE and Windows 7

Old March 19th 14, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Default Asus M2N-MX SE and Windows 7

Hello.

I have been using Windows xp for many years and now, since xp will not be supported by Microsoft anymore, I decided to install Windows 7.

The mainboard of my PC is a Asus M2N-MX SE.

I looked for specifications about it and found the following webpage:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NMX_SE/#support

It seems that Asus does not have drivers for Windows 7. Is that correct?
That means that I will not be able to use Windows 7 with this mainboard or Windows 7 comes with the built-in drivers?

Many thanks in advance
Old March 19th 14, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
Hello.

I have been using Windows xp for many years and now, since xp will not be supported by Microsoft anymore, I decided to install Windows 7.

The mainboard of my PC is a Asus M2N-MX SE.

I looked for specifications about it and found the following webpage:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NMX_SE/#support

It seems that Asus does not have drivers for Windows 7. Is that correct?
That means that I will not be able to use Windows 7 with this mainboard or Windows 7 comes with the built-in drivers?

Many thanks in advance

64 bit
(Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit)

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/14875/en-us

32 bit
(Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit)

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/14874/en-us

It's always a lot of fun trying to find the drivers on the
Nvidia site!

HTH,
Paul
Old March 20th 14, 09:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Thanks Paul!

Are Audio, Video and Ethernet all included in the Nvidia driver?
Old March 20th 14, 03:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

wrote:
Thanks Paul!

Are Audio, Video and Ethernet all included in the Nvidia driver?

I tracked down the "hard to find" one for you :-)

For the RealTek, you can go to realtek.com.tw and
find the ALC662 HDAudio driver there. This should
be a driver, that works for all their HDAudio chips.

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...Audio%20Codecs

For the Ethernet, it depends on whether the NVidia chipset uses a
"PHY". And the user manual lists PHY, so it means the NVidia
MAC inside the chipset is being used. You should find
working Etherhet, after installing the large NVidia download.
On some NVidia designs, a completely separate Ethernet is used,
and then you'd need yet another download.

Windows Vista/Win7 32-bit Driver Versions:

* Ethernet Driver (v73.14+) WHQL ---------------- NVidia MAC + external PHY
* Network Management Tools (v73.16) "Sedona"
* SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
* SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.33) WHQL
* RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)
* SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
* SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
* GPU Driver (v190.38) WHQL ---------------------- I assume this is video
* Physx (v9.09.0428)
* Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.114) WHQL
* Installer (v7.57)

That means, so far it looks like just two files are needed.
The large NVidia file, and the RealTek file.

*******

If you want to see documentation for the v190.38 driver, I
can find a reference to it here. If for any reason, the above
two files don't give you working video, you can consult this
page. The "Supported Products" tab shows which GPUs or chipsets
are supported.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...0.38_whql.html

Paul
Old March 23rd 14, 10:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Hi Paul.

I had no problems with the Video and Ethernet drivers. They were both included in Windows 7. I could not hear any sound with the generic Windows 7 driver though.

I did not find the realtek ALC662 HDAudio driver in the realtek website.
Instead I found the driver in the following website:

http://driverscollection.com/?file_c...5cc7553b8cd132

I installed the driver. The driver is installed and has been recognised by windows, but I am still unable to hear any sound from the speakers.

Old March 23rd 14, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

Made it.

My sound card has a back panel and a front panel.
For some reason the front panel does not work anymore. I just plugged the speakers into the line-out jack of the back panel.

Now everything works fine. Probably it would have been fine with the generic windows 7 audio driver.

In the end, the Asus M2N-MX SE is fully supported by Windows 7.