eVGA Personal Cinema NO VIDEO in LIVE TV, NO COMP VIDEO (just sound)

Old September 28th 04, 02:31 AM
Jay

Default eVGA Personal Cinema NO VIDEO in LIVE TV, NO COMP VIDEO (just sound)

Problem... No LIVE TV or COMP picture, just sound. Records both.

Everything works fine except I see no video in the ForceWare
Multimedia application
for TV and COMP (have not tried S-VID in). I can record a TV or COMP
input
and then I have both audio and video when playing back the .MPG file
if I drag and
drop the file on the Multimedia desktop icon (Videos appears int he
left column) or
from the "Video Clips" selection after selecting the personal cinema
home button.
If I open ForceWare Multimedia via the TV button, then select a
recorded show, it
does not have a TV picture, just sound. Like I said, if I drag and
drop the same
..MPG file on the Mulitmedia icon
("C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\ForceWare\Multimedia\NvMM.exe"
-p Multimedia)
then I get picture and sound from the recorded MPG file.

Same problem when using drivers on original CD which came with
personal cinema, I
believe v56.77 and WDM v2.13. I was told by eVGA tech support to try
the latest
V61.77 and WDM v2.20. Same problem.

Only one monitor connected (Dell 1100)
Nothing connected to component or S-Video outputs.

Problem on two different systems, with two different FX 5700 Personal
Cinema Systems

----------------------------------
Video Card

Current Serial Number 45332000389 (previous returned system
45332000383)
Same problem both cards.

----------------------------------
Computer System:

Motherboard: Biostar N7MCD
http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/m...hp3?name=M7NCD
BIOS Ncd0831.bf
Windows XP SP2
Athlon XP 2800+
1 GB memory

----------------------------------
Problem also occurred on a second computer, which is an HP Pentium 4
1.8 MHz

Old December 9th 04, 05:53 PM
CapFusion

Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

ups.com...

Old December 9th 04, 08:15 PM
gilport

Thanks for the advice, but still no luck. I dont think it has anything
to do with the actual drivers. I think it has more to do with the
Foreceware Multimedia software application that I am using to try to
view live television. I opened up another video capture program, and I
CAN see live tv image on that. I am trying to find some settings on the
Foreceware Program, but there are none. anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Gilbert G.
CapFusion wrote:
Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

ups.com...

Old December 9th 04, 09:08 PM
CapFusion

Sorry it did not help.
From what you have describe, it not driver / WDM issue since you indicated
it viewable from a capture software.
Maybe someone have play with *Multimedia Software* that you using can answer
your problem.

BTW-
What is the Multimdia Software you are referring to? Do you have a link to
it?
Most likely it that software issue.

CapFusion,...

oups.com...

CapFusion wrote:
Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

ups.com...

Old December 9th 04, 11:23 PM
Gilbert Gonzalez

It is called "NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Multimedia", here is a link to the
software site:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/multimedia.html

Gilbert G.

CapFusion wrote:
Sorry it did not help.
From what you have describe, it not driver / WDM issue since you indicated
it viewable from a capture software.
Maybe someone have play with *Multimedia Software* that you using can answer
your problem.

BTW-
What is the Multimdia Software you are referring to? Do you have a link to
it?
Most likely it that software issue.

CapFusion,...

oups.com...

CapFusion wrote:

Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

groups.com...

Old December 12th 04, 04:41 PM
Thomas Altmeyer

Hi

i have the same problem with this crappy "Forceware Multimedia"
TV-application. No live TV and no video-in. With WINDVR (Intervideo
Corp) everything just works fine.
It seems to be a problem with the Forceware registry settings.
I tried to reinstall Forceware but with no sucess

Regards,
Thomas Altmeyer

Gilbert Gonzalez wrote:
It is called "NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Multimedia", here is a link to the
software site:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/multimedia.html

Gilbert G.

CapFusion wrote:

Sorry it did not help.
From what you have describe, it not driver / WDM issue since you
indicated it viewable from a capture software.
Maybe someone have play with *Multimedia Software* that you using can
answer your problem.

BTW-
What is the Multimdia Software you are referring to? Do you have a
link to it?
Most likely it that software issue.

CapFusion,...

oups.com...

CapFusion wrote:

Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

ups.com...

Old January 7th 05, 06:26 PM
Thomas Altmeyer

Hi,

after many hours later and a lot of reboots i found a unforeseen solution.
I installed a trial version of "Beyond TV" a PVR-software with a lot
of features. BUT... the software was unable to OPEN the video out
overlay window... Because i am in no way able to debug such stream
related failure's in windows and i was able to look TV with WINDVR
, wich must be using some other way to deliver the video signal to
the desktop windows, i uninstalled Beyond TV.
ET voila, totally challenging and hardly explainable the video
overlay in Forceware's Live-TV started working.........
Maybe that there was a default "filter" entry in the registry missing
and Beyond TV's uninstaller simply wrote the "missing" entry back...

Regards,
Thomas Altmeyer

Gilbert Gonzalez wrote:

It is called "NVIDIA® ForceWare™ Multimedia", here is a link to the
software site:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/multimedia.html

Gilbert G.

CapFusion wrote:

Sorry it did not help.
From what you have describe, it not driver / WDM issue since you
indicated it viewable from a capture software.
Maybe someone have play with *Multimedia Software* that you using can
answer your problem.

BTW-
What is the Multimdia Software you are referring to? Do you have a
link to it?
Most likely it that software issue.

CapFusion,...

oups.com...

CapFusion wrote:

Try uninstall driver / WDM from SafeMode or DriverCleaner if need it.
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Remove all nVidia or similar driver.
Remove all or similar WDM.

Install with latest driver -
Use the original WDM driver from CD DISC.

CapFusion,...

ups.com...