Nero and Daylight savings time

Old December 7th 04, 09:23 PM
BF

Default Nero and Daylight savings time

I use Nero 6 and backup picture data files to DVD using multisession. It
seems like Nero doesn't know that the time changed (from daylight
savings time) and all of the times on the copied files are exactly one
hour later than the original file. This makes no sense to me. Has anyone
seen this? Normally, maybe not a big problem but Nero thinks the files
have changed and wants to resave files that really haven't changed.

Thanks
Old December 8th 04, 06:38 AM
Mike Richter

BF wrote:
I use Nero 6 and backup picture data files to DVD using multisession. It
seems like Nero doesn't know that the time changed (from daylight
savings time) and all of the times on the copied files are exactly one
hour later than the original file. This makes no sense to me. Has anyone
seen this? Normally, maybe not a big problem but Nero thinks the files
have changed and wants to resave files that really haven't changed.

Thanks

I know the question is simplistic, but does your computer show the right
time? AFAIK, Nero uses the computer clock to time-stamp files when you
ask it to use current time.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old December 8th 04, 04:00 PM
BF

Mike Richter wrote:
BF wrote:

I use Nero 6 and backup picture data files to DVD using multisession.
It seems like Nero doesn't know that the time changed (from daylight
savings time) and all of the times on the copied files are exactly one
hour later than the original file. This makes no sense to me. Has
anyone seen this? Normally, maybe not a big problem but Nero thinks
the files have changed and wants to resave files that really haven't
changed.

Thanks

I know the question is simplistic, but does your computer show the right
time? AFAIK, Nero uses the computer clock to time-stamp files when you
ask it to use current time.

Mike

The time is correct in the computer and I am telling Nero to use the
date and time from the original file. It is really strange. The time on
the backup DVD is exactly one hour ahead of the time from the original
files on the hard drive. Like it is still on daylight savings time but
it shouldn't matter because it should be copying the date and time from
the original. This one has me baffled.
Old December 9th 04, 10:59 AM
Alex Nichol

Mike Richter wrote:

I know the question is simplistic, but does your computer show the right
time? AFAIK, Nero uses the computer clock to time-stamp files when you
ask it to use current time.

This may be an effect of looking for dates in Windows XP Explorer.
That regards times in files as being zero zone based, and corrects for
the TZ (and DST setting) of the machine in use. It makes for
consistency, but also for confusion when using other software that
does not follow that convention

--
Alex Nichol
Bournemouth, U.K.

Old December 10th 04, 07:18 PM
BF

Alex Nichol wrote:
Mike Richter wrote:

I know the question is simplistic, but does your computer show the right
time? AFAIK, Nero uses the computer clock to time-stamp files when you
ask it to use current time.

This may be an effect of looking for dates in Windows XP Explorer.
That regards times in files as being zero zone based, and corrects for
the TZ (and DST setting) of the machine in use. It makes for
consistency, but also for confusion when using other software that
does not follow that convention

There is obviously a conflict between how Windows and Nero deal with
daylight savings time. I have a dual boot setup and booted into Win 98.
The times on the DVD I just made also read one hour later than the
actual time so Nero doesn't understand that the time changed. I don't
know how to solve this. It's only a problem with multi session discs
spanning across the time change. I am very surprised that there in not
more about this on the net.

Old December 13th 04, 03:46 PM
BF

BF wrote:

I use Nero 6 and backup picture data files to DVD using multisession. It
seems like Nero doesn't know that the time changed (from daylight
savings time) and all of the times on the copied files are exactly one
hour later than the original file. This makes no sense to me. Has anyone
seen this? Normally, maybe not a big problem but Nero thinks the files
have changed and wants to resave files that really haven't changed.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. This sounds like the problem but I am running FAT32
in a dual boot setup with 98 and XP Pro. It seems to be Nero not liking
something XP is doing. I might try changing the zone.
Thanks