What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

Old April 17th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

Stuffed wrote:

"Gully Foyle" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:21:59 +0100, (SteveH)

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

That's a nice socially responsible car you have there.

And that has what to do with the matter in hand, exactly?

He's run out of reasonable arguments as to why shops should be open 24/7
for 365 days of the year, so has resorted to cheap insults to try and
'win' the debate.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

Old April 17th 06, 05:27 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Stuffed wrote:
"Gully Foyle" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:21:59 +0100, (SteveH)

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL

That's a nice socially responsible car you have there.

And that has what to do with the matter in hand, exactly?

What has uk.telecom got to do with the matter at hand? Nothing? So why
has this 250-message thread been cross-posted there?
Old April 17th 06, 05:54 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

SteveH wrote:

No, it's actually very important for people to have days set aside for
family / friends occasions.

I do not know who you think you are talking about when you say
"people", but normal people see their relatives at various times, a
minority of people have family gatherings which could be carried out on
any day of the week, not just weekends.

--
wigwambam
Old April 17th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default Effing religious fundamental cases [OT]

"Dr Teeth" wrote in
message
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Nigel
Molesworth opened his gob
and said:

If they weren't stupid, they wouldn't be religious.

It beggars belief that anybody could believe such
superstitious clap-trap in the 21st century.

21st century of what..?

Exactly.

Ivor

Old April 17th 06, 06:00 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

SteveH wrote:

That's a nice socially responsible car you have there.

And that has what to do with the matter in hand, exactly?

He's run out of reasonable arguments as to why shops should be open
24/7 for 365 days of the year, so has resorted to cheap insults to
try and 'win' the debate.

There is only one argument you need remember, consumer demand.

--
wigwambam
Old April 17th 06, 06:06 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Will someone *please* remove this thread from uk.telecom..?!

Ivor

Old April 17th 06, 06:16 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:23:39 +0100, "Stuffed" wrote:

"Gully Foyle" wrote in message
.. .
It's Easter Monday, I'm cooking for the family and the kids ate the
strawberries I had earmarked for the tart. Fortunately Tesco (bless
'em) is open and I can go buy some more.

So because you couldn't/ wouldn't stop your brats munching down the food you
had plans for, a few people had to sit in a supermarket waiting your arrival
so you could still make that yummy afters.

Those people did it to *Get Money*.

Their priority comes first, they chose to *Get Money*.

The fact they might well have preferred to be at home cooking or eating with
their families, but were contractually obliged to sit around waiting to
serve you is unimportant then?

They signed that contract.

AAMOF I didn't sign any such contract but if needs must I have
sometimes to depart mid afternoon, Sunday and drive 300+ miles so that
I can be with my customer at 08-30 Monday morning so that his patients
can get the results of their hospital tests, and yes once you have
done it once (in an emergency) they re-set their standards and expect
it every single time, as a matter of their convenience. I don't get
any extra pay for it at all.

Can't see where all these arguments about the retail sector are coming
from. We don't see them coming from the prison officers the
electricity generators, the hospital workers, the water board
employees, the broadcast TV workers, the gas suppliers, the telephone
exchange workers. USW, USW, USW, at all

And they don't all collect a *packet* every bank holiday.

And they don't all have a great big hairy issue about sitting about
having to spend their priceless time waiting for a customer to flush
the bog/make a phone call/ light the gas oven.

It must be a Great British (Service is beneath me) attitude, which
only comes into play when the particular customer can be identified.

Don't you worry yersel' there are plenty of very polite and very
presentable Polish and Czech till operators who don't have any
chip-on shoulder attitudes about giving a good service, and the rest.

We won't starve.

DG