Replacing print heads on Canon ip3000

Old August 13th 07, 07:57 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
dexx

Default Replacing print heads on Canon ip3000

I have an aging ip3000 inkjet which is printing poorly in spite of new
cartridges and numerous software head cleans. Is it possible to buy
replacement print heads for this model?

Old August 13th 07, 12:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mikey

It is.

Mainly on ebay. But it's cheaper to buy a new printer.

Take A Look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Canon-...QQcmdZViewItem

Or online at twice that price
http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/acata..._QY6_0064.html

Mike
ups.com...

Old August 13th 07, 08:34 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"dexx" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an aging ip3000 inkjet which is printing poorly in spite of new
cartridges and numerous software head cleans. Is it possible to buy
replacement print heads for this model?

Before you give up on the printhead go to Nifty-stuff Forum, sign in, click
on the FAQ link at the top of the page, click on the first FAQ which has to
do with why your printer doesn't print properly, and you will find several
techniques for clearing a printhead clog when the software cleanings don't
do it. You can also email Arthur Entlich - you will see his email address
on one of his numerous posts on this NG. He has been emailing people a
manual on cleaning Epson printheads for several years, and he recently
mentioned that he also now has one for Canon printheads. He doesn't charge
for the manual nor does he ever send spam or give your email address to
anyone. If you need to buy a new printhead I have found the best prices for
Canon factory sealed new printeads at inkcessories.com. They also have some
on sale on ebay, but I would be certain that you are buying from this vendor
if you go to ebay as they are very reliable.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

Old August 14th 07, 04:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan G

a number of online ink sellers offer cleaning kits that FAR surpass the
software cleaning. That said, simply look up your local authorized Canon
service center, (usually a local printing shop), and order a head. They cost
under $60, and the IP3000 is well-worth that investment.

www.alotofthings.com

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/

Are 2 places I have bought cleaning tanks and kits.

ups.com...

Old August 14th 07, 04:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Dan G wrote:

a number of online ink sellers offer cleaning kits that FAR surpass the software cleaning.

Because of the poor ink quality of the crap they sell they found another way to purge cash from their customers.

That said, simply look up your local authorized Canon service center, (usually a local printing shop), and order a head. They cost under $60, and the IP3000 is well-worth that investment.

The IP3000 when compared to the IP4000 for a couple of bucks more is a rather poor investment.  As a matter of fact no printer is an investment, it is a capital expense.  And even the IP4000 is not worth $60.00 for a new printhead.  Why spend $60.00 to repair a used printer when you can get a new IP4300 for around the same price that is more advanced and uses longer lasting ink.

And look who the sellers are of this junk.  Some people jut like getting screwed.

Old August 14th 07, 09:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measekite wrote:

Because of the poor ink quality of the crap they sell they found another
way to purge cash from their customers.

You're an uninformed idiot and it always shows.
Get a life and get lost you moron!
Frank
Old August 15th 07, 01:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Dan G" wrote in message
. ..
a number of online ink sellers offer cleaning kits that FAR surpass the
software cleaning. That said, simply look up your local authorized Canon
service center, (usually a local printing shop), and order a head. They
cost
under $60, and the IP3000 is well-worth that investment.

www.alotofthings.com

http://www.inkjetsaver.com/

Are 2 places I have bought cleaning tanks and kits.

"dexx" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an aging ip3000 inkjet which is printing poorly in spite of new
cartridges and numerous software head cleans. Is it possible to buy
replacement print heads for this model?

Dan's advice is good, but you can go to the Nifty Stuff Forum site as I
mentioned and get some tips for cleaning the printhead without buying
anything other than the original Windex, which most people already have at
home. Several techniques there. If you are used to refilling carts you can
make your own cleaning carts by purging an extra cart and filling it with a
mix of windex and water. Also, price the printheads on the Canon web site
and then check Inkcessories.com or its ebay site. Much cheaper than you
would pay at a Canon repair facility and the same sealed package factory
fresh printhead.

Old August 22nd 07, 06:35 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
zakezuke

On Aug 12, 11:57 pm, dexx wrote:
I have an aging ip3000 inkjet which is printing poorly in spite of new
cartridges and numerous software head cleans. Is it possible to buy
replacement print heads for this model?

I might be a tad late in the game to respond to this.

An ip3000 printhead runs at about $50 from amazon.com
An ip3300 runs about $70 or so from the same site.

As someone else as stated, you can for more money get the ip4300.
It's been a while since I shopped as I'm happy with my ip5200, basicly
the same model.

The ip3000 is what you have, which I believe is a hack to accept the
newer inks.
The ip3300 is what you have already, but takes newer inks. They cost
more, and the only improvement is in the color dye. Text printing has
not changed in canon for some time.
The ip4300 takes an extra dye black, has a smaller drop size, higher
resolution, and much better color.

On newer models, you lose some ease of 3rd party inks and
refillability.

Aside from higher resolution, the ip4300 tends to do well on matte
paper, where the ip3000/ip3300 unless you select plain paper, will
soak the paper when printing black.