What's a "BCI-6?"

Old August 7th 07, 09:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

Default What's a "BCI-6?"

Michael, who made the "BCI-6?" What is it?
Hint: Please always put the manufacturer in the header. I'd really like
to know -- I might be using compatible cartridges.

Thanks; Richard
Old August 7th 07, 02:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gary Tait

Richard Steinfeld wrote in
:

Michael, who made the "BCI-6?" What is it?
Hint: Please always put the manufacturer in the header. I'd really like
to know -- I might be using compatible cartridges.

Thanks; Richard

BCI-6 is a Canon "Thinktank" cartridge. It is a separate single color ink
tank used on mid-high end printers. The tank long and thin, has a sponge in
one end, and a reservoir in the other. The CLI-8 cartridges are an update
on the same form, to include a chip. Often used alongside BCI6 cartridges
is the BCI3E-BK, which is a cartridge like the BCI6 series, but about twice
as wide. It typically has pigment black for text. Its newer cousin
alongside the CLI-8 is the PGI-5.
Old August 7th 07, 03:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
Michael, who made the "BCI-6?" What is it?
Hint: Please always put the manufacturer in the header. I'd really like
to know -- I might be using compatible cartridges.

Gary gave you a great explanation. IMO, Canon printers using these
cartridges are some of the most economical printers to operate with
compatible ink. The can be refilled easily or prefilled cartridges are
available for very little cost.
Old August 8th 07, 01:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

It is used on their basic low priced printer like the IP4000. It is no
longer used. Canon improved the ink.

Wrong!
All they did was change and chip the cart.
Frank
Old August 8th 07, 03:05 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Frank" wrote in message

It is used on their basic low priced printer like the IP4000. It is no
longer used. Canon improved the ink.

Wrong!
All they did was change and chip the cart.
Frank

Don't forget the Canon i9900 which also uses bci-6 carts. I wouldn't call
that a basic low price printer. Upwards of $500 as I recall.