Tekheads

Old October 15th 04, 05:20 PM
Dr Teeth

On 15 Oct 2004 06:44:28 GMT, Treeherder
wrote:

If any retailers are thinking of a business model which has higher prices
and excellent customer service, my custom is all yours.

As will be mine!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 16th 04, 04:43 AM
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Iain
Dingsdale writes

The computer that i built using all parts from you is my parents
who live in the middle of nowhere. The machine just suddenly stopped working
and they only have this one computer. What do you expect your customers to
do when this happens?

Stop whinging, **** off and buy an onsite warranty package. There's
plenty of companies offering them.

--
..sigmonster on vacation

Old October 16th 04, 03:38 PM
nigel. carron

In message , sks
writes
We don't take phone orders anymore. I think most etailers will end up
this way very shortly, I notice ebuyer have just done the same.

Seems like Ebuyers trading methods is a weird thing to aim for.
Sales is one thing - but support via e-mail is maddening..

Get a support system where people can ring in - have it on a system
where your staff can do the support using hands free phones whilst
assembling PCs/something productive etc. They could have small wireless
units so they can access the customers details anywhere in building.
Admittedly some loss of efficiency in the assembly work - but some gain
in having cheap support.

Of course needs good staff - Most PCworld staff would find walking and
talking a major challenge

--
Nigel J Carron

Old October 16th 04, 03:39 PM
nigel. carron

In message , sks
writes
It's similar to if your car battery breaks down and you don't have
another - how do you get to the garage to buy a new battery.

Garages have phones AND answer them!

--
Nigel J Carron

Old October 16th 04, 03:45 PM
nigel. carron

In message , sks
writes
That's a good idea, I'll think about that.

Makae it an expensive to call number - then you return the (short) call
if its justified - 1p a minute is possible so not going to cost you
much.

But the pratt who wants to know if the Artic silver has real silver in
it - pays for the call ?

--
Nigel J Carron

Old October 16th 04, 03:47 PM
nigel. carron

In message , Dr Teeth
writes
If any retailers are thinking of a business model which has higher prices
and excellent customer service, my custom is all yours.

As will be mine!

But so few others will use them they just won't survive!

--
Nigel J Carron

Old October 17th 04, 09:24 AM
Treeherder

"nigel. carron" wrote in
:

In message , Dr Teeth
writes
If any retailers are thinking of a business model which has higher
prices and excellent customer service, my custom is all yours.

As will be mine!

But so few others will use them they just won't survive!

Point taken. The purpose of a business is to make money, and the way to
make the most money is obviously to follow the likes of dabs and ebuyer
and sell lots at a small margin and ditch those annoying overheads like
customer service.

Shame that Tekheads have decided to go down the same path as dabs and
ebuyer. I hope that they realise that they will have to upgrade their
website so it doesn't look like a 12 year old created it in their spare
bedroom, and lower their prices so that they're competitive with their
new no-cs counterparts.

--
treeherder.co.uk (marcus)

Any reference to trees or their herding is purely coincidental.
Old October 18th 04, 08:39 AM
Gama Chameleon

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:38:32 +0100, "nigel. carron"
wrote:

In message , sks
writes
We don't take phone orders anymore. I think most etailers will end up
this way very shortly, I notice ebuyer have just done the same.

Seems like Ebuyers trading methods is a weird thing to aim for.
Sales is one thing - but support via e-mail is maddening..

Get a support system where people can ring in - have it on a system
where your staff can do the support using hands free phones whilst
assembling PCs/something productive etc. They could have small wireless
units so they can access the customers details anywhere in building.
Admittedly some loss of efficiency in the assembly work - but some gain
in having cheap support.

Of course needs good staff - Most PCworld staff would find walking and
talking a major challenge

I had one of thse this week end.

Went to buy an item. No price, but had the price in USD ($119). Asked
for a price check they said £86. OK so thats an exchange rate of abour
$1.33 to the pound. I said that it should be priced about 66 quid with
current exchange rates and as you are pricing at the USD shouldn't you
at least honour the current exhange rate. He then said that it was
based on the exhange rate they bought it at and just walked off.

Oh well. I guess I'll go one line elsewhere.
--
Gamma gamma gamma chameleon
You come and glow, you come and glow.

Tel No for Tekheads Red Devil Homebuilt PC's 0 March 3rd 05 01:14 PM
Tekheads... help required... are they still any good? SS UK Computer Vendors 8 September 13th 04 10:02 AM
Tekheads? me UK Computer Vendors 23 January 11th 04 05:17 PM
tekheads delivery times Mark UK Computer Vendors 8 October 22nd 03 09:57 PM
PING : TEKHEADS TX2 UK Computer Vendors 1 September 15th 03 07:07 PM