Ebuyer - one for the armchair kegal experts...

Old September 27th 04, 07:10 PM
Dave

"Bagpuss in boots"
wrote in message ...
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:58:58 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

snip

Anyone who starts their responses "I'm not a lawyer, but I think..."
will be severely ignored.

Ta!

Nope, if anyone is to blame its the courier.

Aye, but the contract was between him and ebuyer, regardless of who
stuffed up. In that case, if he did have a case he would sue ebuyer
who would in turn then sue the courier.

Personally I don't think there will be a case at all.

Correct

Old September 27th 04, 07:16 PM
Mike

"Cpt Jack Sparrow" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:08:05 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Do we have a case for breach of contract since they confirmed by email
they would deliver as requested?

No.

Why does everyone want to sue everyone these days!

because it's about time the sellers realised that the buyers have
rights now and can't be ripped off
--

The majority of people, with common sense, know they are not trying to rip
you off. I can't understand why people like yourself approach it in such

Old September 27th 04, 07:41 PM
Peter Parry

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:36:22 +0100, Linker3000
wrote:

Received confirmation of order and at least two emails stating goods
will be received on or by required delivery date.

Did you explicitly make it clear on the order that time was of the
essence by writing something like "This order is required for a
presentation to be given on..... and it is a condition of the order
that the goods be delivered by....."

Did Ebuyer explicitly accept your alteration to their standard T&C's?

Do we have a case for breach of contract since they confirmed by email
they would deliver as requested?

Not unless you explicitly made time of delivery a essential part of
the order and Ebuyer accepted it on this condition.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Old September 27th 04, 08:01 PM
Paul Hopwood

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:

Why does everyone want to sue everyone these days!

because it's about time the sellers realised that the buyers have
rights now and can't be ripped off

It's about time buyers realised their relationship with sellers is
two-way and that most aren't trying to rip anyone off.

They all make mistakes and, granted, many of them are crap at dealing
with them but there's no conspiracy to rip people off.

--
iv Paul iv

Old September 27th 04, 09:13 PM
Trev

"Paul Hopwood" wrote in message
Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:

Why does everyone want to sue everyone these days!

because it's about time the sellers realised that the buyers have
rights now and can't be ripped off

It's about time buyers realised their relationship with sellers is
two-way and that most aren't trying to rip anyone off.

They all make mistakes and, granted, many of them are crap at dealing
with them but there's no conspiracy to rip people off.

Ill go with that. Buyers want very low prices. The online dealers make 1%
mark up and rely on high turnover. the do that by not employing staff to sit
around and answer questions that could be answered by a little research. If
we wish to enjoy low prices we must work together

Old September 27th 04, 09:14 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:08:05 +0100, "Mike" wrote:

Do we have a case for breach of contract since they confirmed by email
they would deliver as requested?

No.

Why does everyone want to sue everyone these days!

because it's about time the sellers realised that the buyers have
rights now and can't be ripped off

When did you last time come to work late because you were held up in
traffic. I hope your employer sues you! Of course you can always take
the reg numbers of the cars that wasted your time and pass the buck...
Old September 28th 04, 03:53 AM
Dave

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:

Why does everyone want to sue everyone these days!

because it's about time the sellers realised that the buyers have
rights now and can't be ripped off

It's about time buyers realised their relationship with sellers is
two-way and that most aren't trying to rip anyone off.

They all make mistakes and, granted, many of them are crap at dealing
with them but there's no conspiracy to rip people off.

In this instance i have to agree, even the label on the parcel proved
ebuyer shipped it as and when they said they would, its those *&^%*&^%$
citylink that have caused this complaint..........again

Old September 28th 04, 10:42 PM
Dr Teeth

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:13:14 +0100, "Trev"
trevbowdenATwireless.pipexDOTnet wrote:

The online dealers make 1%
mark up and rely on high turnover. the do that by not employing staff to sit
around and answer questions that could be answered by a little research.

Agreed. But what about the inability to deal with returns
expeditiously?

--
Cheers,

Guy

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!
Old September 28th 04, 10:50 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Cpt Jack Sparrow wrote:

[...]

mmm ok, hope the medication kicks in soon

Oh dear, the lunatics must have taken over the asylum
Old September 29th 04, 10:13 AM
Gaz

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:13:14 +0100, "Trev"
trevbowdenATwireless.pipexDOTnet wrote:

The online dealers make 1%
mark up and rely on high turnover. the do that by not employing staff to

sit
around and answer questions that could be answered by a little research.

Agreed. But what about the inability to deal with returns
expeditiously?

--

E-buyer are one of the better at dealing with returns if they are very
straight forward (i.e the systems in place do the work without the need for