Artificial Lifeform took over control of Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 !

Old May 25th 07, 02:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Default Artificial Lifeform took over control of Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 !

Hello,

The weirdest thing just happened:

I was hosting a civilization 3 conquest game.

I went away to go prepare for dinner.

I came back and the computer frooze, it was hanging so it seemed.

The mouse did not respond.

I have seen this freezing before so I thought no big deal, must be a bug
again.

So I reset the system.

The bios/boot screen does not come up, the computer is hanging and doesn't
boot.

Ok now I get a bit a worried... I think hmm... must be a bug again... I am
using a beta bios afterall...

So I reset the computer again. But this time it again does not boot and
hangs again. No input signal for monitor.

I am getting a little bit more worried. I am thinking ok, the bios must be
hanging... I'll just turn off the power and then everything must have been
reset and it will be ok.

So I hold the power button for x seconds and the power goes off... I think
to myself ok no problem... so I wait a few seconds... turn on the power
again.

And all fans spinning at full speed and the computer is still not booting...
no boot screen... no input signal... no nothing.

Ok now I am getting really worried... I repeat the resets and reboots/power
off stuff... and no nothing.

I amazed... I am thinking oh my god... my computer is only one year old...
and already died ? ****.... what am I gonna do now..

(Oh my god as I write this a gigant spider on the wall... I am being invaded
by all kinds of creatures at the moment/this day... gotta kill it god
damn, that was one messy nasty spider
big **** on wall... spider must have been attracted by all the light I had
one a while ago at night inspecting my pc oh well, on with the story...
after I cleanup the mess on the wall ok mess cleaned up while it was
fresh even if it wasn't easy to clean up spider blood/stuff )

Anyway on with the story... I was like ****tttt... now I first of all gotta
bitch on the internet/usenet... and second of all how do I find out what
died ? could be cpu or motherboard or even something else...

I was thinking:

Maybe hackers killed my bios.... I saw somebody just a few days ago that
told me such a story once... scare stuff... the coincidence BAD !

Anyway.... I thought maybe the power surge damaged something... or bad
capacitators... or maybe heat... all kinds of possibilities.

So I decided I was way to hungy to care now... I decided to go eat first and
such.

Then I walked back to the computer for another inspection... and I saw the
cable modem light was burning... the orange light... it was blinking,
meaning it was sending and receiving stuff...

I was like that's odd... I was like wtf... that's almost impossible... my
computer is off... how can their be activity ? Only the internet provider
can make activity on the cable modem while it's off so I thought...

Then I knew this is strange....

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

I am thinking... oh-oh... something must have taken control of the network
chip... I am like shiiitt... no way mother****ers !!!

NOBODY takes control of my PC !!! NO SIR BOB !!!!!

So I immediatly PULL THE PLUG !!!

And bam... no more network activity.

That was scary ****...

Ofcourse it was probably just a bug which made my network chip go haywire..

But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that found a
hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network chip... and
started spreading itself across the internet.

So who knows what the thruth is.... the thruth could be... that now an
artificial lifeform is spreading itself across the world... it might have
found other network chips that it can infect... if so... more and more
people will start seeing their computers freeeezzee... else it will just die
out.

So the terminator 2 scenerio is pretty realistic so I believe.

Let that be a warning to future people !

Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
software... life could spontanously occur... ****ing you over big time !!!!
=D

So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D

I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
yourself ! YEAH that's right..

I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
fantasy going... and was pretty scary...

So there you have folks...

BEWAREEEE

Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
again... as soon as I pulled the plug...

So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
yeaaaah.

MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.

DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
!!!! ;;;;;;;;;:P********

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 25th 07, 02:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore

Skybuck Flying wrote:

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

Because it's not off.

The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

Graham

Old May 25th 07, 03:17 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
David L. Jones

On May 25, 11:19 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
[...]

The cause is that black van with tinted windows parked out the front
of your place, take a look. If the van has disappeared then they are
almost certainly in the place next door to you. Go knock on the door
and find out, just make sure you don't stare into any red lights.

I'd recommend you wear a tin-foil hat for protection in the future.

Dave.

Old May 25th 07, 03:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie

On Fri, 25 May 2007 03:19:41 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that
found a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network
chip... and started spreading itself across the internet.

Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!

Thanks!
RIch

Old May 25th 07, 03:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
D from BC

On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
wrote:

Skybuck Flying wrote:

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

Because it's not off.

The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

Graham

I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
lan" feature...
For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
(plugged in)....dunno..
D from BC
Old May 25th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
D from BC

On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:25:22 GMT, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie"
wrote:

On Fri, 25 May 2007 03:19:41 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that
found a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network
chip... and started spreading itself across the internet.

Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!

Thanks!
RIch

Fun..but I think it's causing learning disabilities.. :P
D from BC
Old May 25th 07, 04:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore

D from BC wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

Because it's not off.

The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
lan" feature...
For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
(plugged in)....dunno..

I just checked a 400W ATX psu I have kicking around.

The 5V standby on that is good for 2.5 A. It powers stuff like any LAN cards and
also the keyboard for wake-up / power-on. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any
reliable standard for the keyboard power keys so my current one only powers off -
not on !

Graham

Old May 25th 07, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying

Hmm happened again just yet.

Some more possibilities:

1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.

2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
space/setting.

(I have increased it to 100 MB just in case )

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck.

Old May 25th 07, 06:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hmm happened again just yet.

Some more possibilities:

1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.

Oh right, sure ! You're an idiot !

If you're going to run a beta version of a bios, then expect problems !

Graham