Wonder why AOLers get so much SPAM? AOL employee stole your screen name and sold it!

Old June 24th 04, 12:00 PM
Sparky

Default Wonder why AOLers get so much SPAM? AOL employee stole your screen name and sold it!

30 MILLION IDs ripped off!

And these are the same guys who are leading the charge
to kick you off the Net if your PC is a infected and spamming
other users.

If MS would write tight code and AOL didn't hire
theives amybe THAT would cut down on all the viri and
spamming!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5279826/

Old June 24th 04, 04:00 PM
Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor

I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
24 Jun 2004 11:00:06 GMT, "Sparky" screamed
from behind the mulberry bush:

30 MILLION IDs ripped off!

And these are the same guys who are leading the charge
to kick you off the Net if your PC is a infected and spamming
other users.

If MS would write tight code and AOL didn't hire
theives amybe THAT would cut down on all the viri and
spamming!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5279826/

What does MS's code have to do with a stolen subscriber list? If the
****ers were using an Apple machine, they'd still be susceptible to
the spam.

Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
---

Brantard explains his employment as a migrant farm worker before his permanent residency as a vagrant/wandering-nutjob/welfare-recipient in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area:

Indeed. I AOLways thought Nelly(ie, Brantard) was lavender.

Mexican

Maybe a pastel pink?

You dumb smuck!

A misspelled P/K/B. How Nelly-ish!

Nelly is Mexican.

In message

In article , "Brandon Hex"
wrote:

You have a bald head and are black black black. You wish you were white like
me but your not.

ha haw

Who ever said Brandon Hex was white?

In message
Old June 24th 04, 04:21 PM
Jupiter Jones

Very flawed.
How is Microsoft to write tighter code to cut out spamming?
If a spammer has your address, how does Microsoft stop the spammer?
You already have a variety of tools available to help with spam and
you don't even have to anstall or buy anything.
Why don't you use those tools?

--
Jupiter Jones
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

Old June 25th 04, 06:01 PM
Timothy Daniels

"Alan S. Wales" wrote:
"Sparky"

Wonder why AOLers get so much SPAM?

We don't. I get less than a half dozen spam e-mails a day.

Is AOL your ISP?

*TimDaniels*
Old June 26th 04, 07:06 AM
NormanM

In article , Sparky says...

If MS would write tight code and AOL didn't hire
theives amybe THAT would cut down on all the viri and
spamming!

I thought it was 'virii'! No! Wait! Maybe it is 'viriii'! Damn, what is the
rule for pluralizing Latin nouns...uh, oh; hark! I am not writing Latin, but
English! So maybe I should apply English rules of pluralization? Like,
'viruses'?

http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtplural.htm

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain
Old June 26th 04, 08:30 AM
Barry Guyer

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 06:06:58 GMT, NormanM
I thought it was 'virii'! No! Wait! Maybe it is 'viriii'! Damn, what is the
rule for pluralizing Latin nouns...uh, oh; hark! I am not writing Latin, but
English! So maybe I should apply English rules of pluralization? Like,
'viruses'?

English plural of virus = viruses

In Latin, viri (men) is plural of vir (man)

In Latin, I do not think there are recorded any instances of a plural
form for virus being different from the singular (in English words
such as sheep).
Old June 26th 04, 11:32 AM
Hank Arnold

Same here.... SPAM is one of the few things that I felt made 9.0 worth
upgrading to.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Alan S. Wales" wrote in message
"Sparky"

Wonder why AOLers get so much SPAM?

We don't. I get less than a half dozen spam e-mails a day.

--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm