Aspire 2000 Keyboard Problems FIXED

Old June 30th 04, 04:37 PM
Good Man

Default Aspire 2000 Keyboard Problems FIXED

After months of denying a problem, Acer has released a new BIOS that
corrects what is known as the "ii" keyboard problem. As always suspected
by worldwide users, the problem was indeed BIOS based as it affected
installations of WinXP, Linux, and any other OS loaded on to the Aspire.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, this new BIOS (1.07) is *not* easy to find
anywhere on the Acer support site.

However, the BIOS is available for download via a link from the poster
“masta” on the support boards of the magazine ‘What Laptop’, where a lot
of Aspire 2000 users had been commiserating:

http://www.whatlaptop.co.uk/forum/to...16&whichpage=2

Use the link on the bottom of the page, as the BIOS is packaged in an
easy to use WinFlash utility. As indicated on the forum, the poster
(masta) received the BIOS in an email from Acer Support Europe.

If you don’t trust my post about loading a BIOS from a non-official Acer
site (and frankly I don’t really blame you), then you can wait a couple
of weeks until it appears on Acer sites worldwide. However, speaking
from personal experience, my Aspire is now working PERFECTLY with that
new BIOS.... I bought my Aspire 2001 in Toronto, Canada this year. The
new BIOS is applicable for the entire Aspire 2000 series.

HOOOORAY!!!!!!!

The BIOS release notes are as follows:

THE RELEASE NOTES OF VERSION 1.07:

Filename : K01YXRELS.TXT
Release Notification

DCL32 ENE KB910 EC BIOS release (Rev. 1.07 ) 06-26-04

File name : K01Y107A.ROM
Base on : K01Y106A.ROM
Checksum : 2020

Fixed:
Known issue:
Modified:
1.Modify kernal code to fix K/B stuck issue.
Symptom : If you type a sentence with a word containing "i" very quickly,
for example "intel", the word will become "iitel".
Or "sing" -- "siig"... etc.