A8N-SLI with Crucial RAM

Old February 5th 05, 04:19 PM
Rob Nicholson

Default A8N-SLI with Crucial RAM

I usually buy Crucial RAM from www.dabs.com - anyone used this successfully
with the A8N-SLI motherboard?

Thanks, Rob.

Old February 5th 05, 04:54 PM
Pete M Williams

"Rob Nicholson" wrote in message
I usually buy Crucial RAM from www.dabs.com - anyone used this successfully
with the A8N-SLI motherboard?

See my post befo
"I am using Corsair (TWINX1024-3200XLPRO) "

Also have a look at www.ebuyer.com because they seem to be a bit cheaper
than Dabs on some sticks. It just depends what type of RAM you are after.
Be aware though that Ebuyers customer service and After Sales are crap from
what I have read but luckily I have never needed them to date.

Old February 5th 05, 10:27 PM
NoNoBadDog!

You will probably be happier with Corsair RAM...it's the best that money can
buy, and the company is the most reputable computer peripheral company I
have ever dealt with.

Bobby

Old February 5th 05, 11:04 PM
Ben Pope

Rob Nicholson wrote:
I usually buy Crucial RAM from www.dabs.com - anyone used this
successfully with the A8N-SLI motherboard?

Why would you buy Crucial RAM from Dabs? Buy it from Crucial, they deliver
free and usually next day. They are a joy to deal with.

I usually buy Corsair though, but it depends entirely on what you want.

Ben

Old February 5th 05, 11:35 PM
Jon Radbourne

I've put a gig of Crucial's Ballistix 3200 RAM on my A8N - SLI board and its
a rock solid performer. Arrived the next day too. Here's the link
http://www.crucial.com/uk/ballistix/...SPN=BL6464Z402

HTH Jon

Old February 6th 05, 11:21 AM
Rob Nicholson

I've put a gig of Crucial's Ballistix 3200 RAM on my A8N - SLI board and
its a rock solid performer. Arrived the next day too. Here's the link
http://www.crucial.com/uk/ballistix/...SPN=BL6464Z402

Thanks all - which check out prices on Corsair as well as the above.

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 6th 05, 11:40 AM
Rob Nicholson

I've put a gig of Crucial's Ballistix 3200 RAM on my A8N - SLI board and
its a rock solid performer. Arrived the next day too. Here's the link

What's so special about the Ballistix memory? When I go through the Crucial
memory picker, the most popular choice is:

http://tinyurl.com/69tsd

It's considerable cheaper and I'm not going to be overclocking this system.

Cheers, Rob.

Old February 6th 05, 11:42 AM
Rob Nicholson

It's considerable cheaper and I'm not going to be overclocking this
system.

And neither to the flashing LEDs appeal - it'll be inside a case!

Rob.

Old February 6th 05, 11:48 AM
Rob Nicholson

You will probably be happier with Corsair RAM...it's the best that money
can buy, and the company is the most reputable computer peripheral company
I have ever dealt with.

Hmm, their web site appears to be down - not a good advert :-)

Old February 6th 05, 12:00 PM
Rob Nicholson

Hmm, their web site appears to be down - not a good advert :-)

And the Kingston UK website gives SQL errors LOL

Crucial Memory Paul Asus Motherboards 6 May 4th 04 10:30 AM
Asus A7V8X-X - bios setup for Athlon 2600+, crucial 2700 memory? Crom Asus Motherboards 1 February 2nd 04 05:38 PM
Overclocked 2500 Barton to 3200 using my old Crucial 2100 DDR [email protected] General 5 January 18th 04 10:01 AM
Crucial OK w/A7N8X & XP2100+ sdlomi Asus Motherboards 4 November 20th 03 09:34 AM
Crucial modules Lane Lewis Overclocking 5 July 7th 03 08:08 AM