Overclock 6700K Max Temps Prime95 Small FFT

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 24th 17, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
B00ze

Default Overclock 6700K Max Temps Prime95 Small FFT

Good day.

So I've overclocked my 6700K to 4.5GHz; this required 1.3V base and with
LLC=6 it goes up to 1.360V in extreme situations, and this is where I am
wondering if I screwed-up the heat-sink/termal-paste somehow. What temps
are you guys seeing when you run Prime95's Small FFT (Maximum Heat) on
your overclocked CPU? Because on mine that particular test can make the
temps climb all the way to 93C. The heat-sink is a really good one
(NOCTUA NH-U12S) but it doesn't even get hot to the touch, it is barely
warmer than room temp, and I used good Arctic Silver TIM. While I may
have placed a tiny tiny bit too much I was real careful with the stuff
(maybe I didn't put enough?) Under normal testing I have good temps, but
under that extreme Small FFT Prime95 test, my CPU really cooks - do you
all get the same temps on air?

Thank you.
Best Regards,

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain /
! (o o) Memberavid-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society