CCL returning goods stating they are not faulty ...

Old September 20th 03, 01:39 PM
Chesney Christ

A certain The Other Side, of uk.comp.vendors "fame", writes :

CCL are perfecrtly within their rights to offer and give a replacement
drive. What do they have to gain by saying the drive isn't faulty if
it is?

That depends on whether or not they charge a restocking fee.

I am a retailer and I am hiding my real name - for obvious reasons!!!

All we need to do is find another London based retailer who uses Nildram

--

"Jokes mentioning ducks were considered particularly funny." - cnn.com

Old September 20th 03, 02:00 PM
Morgan

This has put me off mail order TBH, as it really is my word against
theirs. They seem oblivious to the Sale of Goods Act.

I too see no advantage to using mail order, but then again as I have written
I am lucky and don't need to. Writing that I have just remembered that I
have recently bought a XP 1800 JIUHB DLT3C processor and because that exact
revision and stepping was required it did force me to use mail order.

I used http://www.pclincs.co.uk/ and their help over the phone and the
packaging and delivery was faultless.

--
Regards

Morgan

Old September 20th 03, 02:02 PM
Morgan

I am a retailer and I am hiding my real name - for obvious reasons!!!

The only obvious thing that I can construde is to prevent people from making
an informed choice on whether to deal with you or not after what you have
written.

--
Regards

Morgan

Old September 21st 03, 10:24 AM
Trev

"Morgan" wrote in message

I always realise how fortunate I am living within reasonable driving
distance of Scan, Microdirect and Aria as I have had zero issues with
returns or refunds, all three have been absolutely faultless with their
customer service. How different they could be with mail order I do not

know.

I live near a good supplier too, CCL. with whom I have always been happy
with.

--
Trev
Bradford

Old September 21st 03, 10:46 AM
Morgan

I live near a good supplier too, CCL. with whom I have always been happy
with.

Judging by some of the posts that I have seen regarding the dealers that I
buy from it does make me wonder if they are the same that I have had a happy
relationship for years.

However I still believe that it is always best to deal with someone that is
within travelling distance, if possible. To return items bought that are
faulty is always easier when they are tested there and then in front of you.

--
Regards

Morgan

Old September 21st 03, 01:19 PM
Peter Parry

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:15:04 +0100, TX2
wrote:

This has put me off mail order TBH, as it really is my word against
theirs. They seem oblivious to the Sale of Goods Act.

It is more than likely that you are both right. You found the drive
to be faulty, let's assume it was a sticky bearing in the motor
(which is a type which has very low starting torque). The drive is
returned to CCL via a carrier who gives it a good bounce around and a
bit of temperature cycling. CCL plug it in and the motor starts -
once started once it will probably continue to work normally and
without problem for years.

As far as you are concerned its dead, as far as they are concerned it
tests out fine. Nothing to do with being oblivious to SOGA.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/