19" AOC £299 TFT at ebuyer - anyone got one?

Old August 10th 03, 01:42 PM
Paul Hutchings

Default 19" AOC £299 TFT at ebuyer - anyone got one?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48839&_LOC=UK

I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.

It looks very tempting as I've been chewing over moving from my 15" Samsung
TFT to a 17" TFT for a few months, and for the price this looks a bargain.

Has anyone taken the plunge? If so what do you think - picture, build
quality etc..

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old August 10th 03, 03:01 PM
ff

I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.
regards Paul

in alt.warez.uk (were I was purely for academic purposes of course)
there's a thread"OT: at last! a brand new 19" TFT Screen for less than
£300..." in which a couple of people say they have one and seem
appreciative but unsure if response rate is good enough for dvd's etc.

It does seem strange the if its such a hot bargain there are not more
reviews on ebuyer.

Old August 10th 03, 03:46 PM
Doug Ramage

"ff" wrote in message
I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.
regards Paul

in alt.warez.uk (were I was purely for academic purposes of course)
there's a thread"OT: at last! a brand new 19" TFT Screen for less than
£300..." in which a couple of people say they have one and seem
appreciative but unsure if response rate is good enough for dvd's etc.

It does seem strange the if its such a hot bargain there are not more
reviews on ebuyer.

IIRC, response time is 25ms - should be OK for dvds, but perhaps some ghost
with certain games?
--
Doug Ramage

Old August 10th 03, 05:02 PM
Julian Hales

"Doug Ramage" wrote in message

"ff" wrote in message
I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is

cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.
regards Paul

in alt.warez.uk (were I was purely for academic purposes of course)
there's a thread"OT: at last! a brand new 19" TFT Screen for less than
£300..." in which a couple of people say they have one and seem
appreciative but unsure if response rate is good enough for dvd's etc.

It does seem strange the if its such a hot bargain there are not more
reviews on ebuyer.

IIRC, response time is 25ms - should be OK for dvds, but perhaps some

ghost
with certain games?
--
Doug Ramage

Ghost Recon....Ghost n Goblins.........oh its hot....i lost my mind

Old August 11th 03, 11:34 AM
tHatDudeUK

"ff" wrote in message
I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.
regards Paul

in alt.warez.uk (were I was purely for academic purposes of course)

Didn't learn much English there I see! ;-)

Old August 11th 03, 01:50 PM
Ian Hastie

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:42:50 +0000, Paul Hutchings wrote:

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48839&_LOC=UK

I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.

It looks very tempting as I've been chewing over moving from my 15"
Samsung TFT to a 17" TFT for a few months, and for the price this looks a
bargain.

Has anyone taken the plunge? If so what do you think - picture, build
quality etc..

Don't have one, but did find a few things about them. According to
Neoseeker they are also known as Envision Peripheral Inc. in North
America.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Companies/profiles/AOC/

The product page for the monitor is here, the spec makes it looks like a
very good monitor.

http://www.eur.aocmonitor.com/monitors_lm919.html

and this is what the well known Sam of Tekheads had to say when someone
else asked about this monitor 9 days ago.

: Subject: Slighly OT:AOC LM 919 - Anyone bought one?
: From: "Sam \(Tekheads\)"
: Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 14:09:07 +0100

: Ebuyer doing them for 299+VAT. I'm tempted. Anyone using one?

: I've got an 18". The disappointing thing about the 19" is the resolution
: is still 1280. Still its a good price.

Only thing I haven't found is a review!

--
Ian.

EOM

Old August 11th 03, 06:35 PM
Roly

I got one last week and just ordered another today. I'm really pleased with
it and, alongside my Iiyama Vision Master Pro, the picture quality is
stunning. Admittedly the Iiyama is a couple of years old and the tube is a
lot softer than it was when new.

I originally ordered an Iiyama Prolite 17" but fortunately they were out of
stock.The AOC has no dead pixels and the only very minor criticism is a
slight darkening along the very left edge of a white screen. Most people
would probably never notice it. The screen area seems massive and is well
over an inch bigger than the Iiyama. I'm not a game player so can't comment
on this aspect, although dvd's play fine.

Bearing in mind that it's got analogue and digital inputs, speakers (of
sorts), and a usb hub it is exceptional value.

Hope that this is of some use to potential buyers!

. 1.4...

paul at spamcop.net

Old August 12th 03, 01:28 AM
Rob Walker

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48839&_LOC=UK

I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.

It looks very tempting as I've been chewing over moving from my 15"

Samsung
TFT to a 17" TFT for a few months, and for the price this looks a bargain.

Has anyone taken the plunge? If so what do you think - picture, build
quality etc..

Excellent on all counts.

Rob

Old August 14th 03, 11:51 AM
Doug Ramage

"Rob Walker" wrote in message

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
. 1.4...

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...vd19wcm9kdWN0X
292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48839&_LOC=UK

I've found a couple of posts from people saying "hey look, this is

cheap"
(kind of like this!), but nothing from anyone who actually has one.

It looks very tempting as I've been chewing over moving from my 15"

Samsung
TFT to a 17" TFT for a few months, and for the price this looks a

bargain.

Has anyone taken the plunge? If so what do you think - picture, build
quality etc..

Excellent on all counts.

Rob

I decided it was too good to miss, so have ordered one.
--
Doug Ramage

Old August 21st 03, 06:03 PM
GB

"Doug Ramage" wrote in message

I decided it was too good to miss, so have ordered one.
--
Doug Ramage

Is this the one?

AOC LM-919 19ins TFT 93KHz TCO99 DVI MultiMedia,4 Port USB 2.0 Hub, Black &
Silver with 3year onsite Warranty

Price gone up:-
Our Price £326.15
£383.23 inc VAT