ebuyer

Old October 21st 06, 11:25 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Poldie

Default ebuyer

Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

Old October 21st 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Charlie Drake

Poldie wrote:
Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

Was there yesterday?

Charlie
Old October 21st 06, 11:35 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Poldie

Charlie Drake wrote:
Poldie wrote:
Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

Was there yesterday?

Are you asking me or telling me?

Old October 21st 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Palindr☻me

Poldie wrote:
Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

From the ebuyer.com website:

"We will be carrying out scheduled system maintenance between midnight
tonight, Friday 20th October and 5am, Saturday 21st October. During this
time the ebuyer site will be unavailable or may appear inconsistent. We
apologise for any inconvenience caused."

It looks like someone hasn't quite finished yet...

--
Sue

Old October 21st 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
shaun

Palindr?me wrote:
Poldie wrote:
Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any
response).

From the ebuyer.com website:

"We will be carrying out scheduled system maintenance between midnight
tonight, Friday 20th October and 5am, Saturday 21st October. During
this time the ebuyer site will be unavailable or may appear
inconsistent. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

It looks like someone hasn't quite finished yet...

lol - with it down this long I bet they're finished....

;-)

Old October 21st 06, 12:10 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Tx2

"Poldie" wrote in message
ps.com...

Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

I can't get ebuyer.co.uk to load, and the .com takes ages to open.
No big deal, i'd never shop with them anyway.

Old October 21st 06, 12:34 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Poldie

Tx2 wrote:
"Poldie" wrote in message
ps.com...

Are they still going? The site (www.ebuyer.co.uk) doesn't seem to be
up - I can't even ping it (well, I can, but I don't get any response).

I can't get ebuyer.co.uk to load, and the .com takes ages to open.
No big deal, i'd never shop with them anyway.

I can't get .com to load either. I've used them loads of times with no
problems. I always use a credit card and I'm aware of my rights so
there's a limit to how shafted I can get!

Old October 21st 06, 12:52 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "Poldie"
opened his gob and said:

I always use a credit card and I'm aware of my rights so
there's a limit to how shafted I can get!

It's the effort it takes with some companies to get things sorted out
that counts, not that one'd get sorted in the end.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 21st 06, 01:12 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
johannes

opened his gob and said:

I always use a credit card and I'm aware of my rights so
there's a limit to how shafted I can get!

It's the effort it takes with some companies to get things sorted out
that counts, not that one'd get sorted in the end.

Did get memory delivered one day earlier than they said.
Old October 21st 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Paul

Hi, i noticed ebuyers site is not loading the images but everything
else seams ok to be. Just to let you know theres a new site just been
lauched at www.bigbuyer.co.uk the service will be better then ebuyers
and the prices will be good. the site is still been added to but if you
just crate an account this month you will get a free gift. so take a
look at it. Hope this is useful to you all.