Best off-brandname Inkjet Refill Kit

Old July 4th 04, 07:06 AM
Roland Marsey

Default Best off-brandname Inkjet Refill Kit

This is probably going to SHOCK you.

I did a quick calculation on my Black ink cartridge in my Lexmark X73
Printer.

Here's the results (which probably will be close to the same results
for your printer, no matter who makes it).

Some basic facts first:

1 U.S. Gallon = 3.785 liters
1 U.S. Gallon = 3785 ml (milliliters)

Now for the SHOCK:

Lexmark's 12A1970 Black inkjet cartridge holds about 30 ml and cost
$32.99 (compusa.com).

3785 ml (1 U.S. Gallon) / 30 ml (1 Lexmark inkjet cartridge's ink) =
126.1667 Lexmark inkjet cartridges per Gallon.

126.1667 Lexmark inkjet cartriges X $32.99 = $4,162.24 a gallon.

Now, I know that 126 inkjet cartridges also have alot of plastic and
electronics. But even if it's $500.00 for all that plastic and
electronics to be mass produced (which I'm SURE is an overly high
estimate), that leaves the ink itself at $3,662.24 a gallon.

$3,662.24 for a gallon for blank inkjet ink.

Off-brandname Black inkjet ink refill usually sell for under $100.00 a
gallon (A savings of $3,562.24 per gallon.).

Now for my question:
What is the best off-brandname inkjet refill ink on the market today?

I used to goto a place in San Diego, California (when I lived there)
called Inky-Do with excellent quality black inkjet refill ink. But I
live too far away from them now so I'm looking to find out what
off-brandname inkjet refills have worked great (not just ok) for you?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old July 4th 04, 07:35 AM
Walter Plinge

"Roland Marsey" wrote in message
m...
This is probably going to SHOCK you.

Uh...not really.

Now for my question:
What is the best off-brandname inkjet refill ink on the market today?

I used to goto a place in San Diego, California (when I lived there)
called Inky-Do with excellent quality black inkjet refill ink. But I
live too far away from them now so I'm looking to find out what
off-brandname inkjet refills have worked great (not just ok) for you?

What';s it matter if Inky-Do or Inki-Pinky (or whatever) is the best in the
world? If you can't buy it outside California or the US it's a useless
recomendation. Many refill kits are packed by small businesses and sold at
computer markets. These are much cheaper and just as good as brand-name
refill kits. I say the best refill kit it 'Universal Inkjet and Toner
Product' - but that's meaningless unless you happen to shop in Glen Huntly
Rd, Elsternwick.

Brands come and go and vary from country to country, depending on who's
importing and what's being packaged in China at the time, and what brand of
ink the packager can get cheap at the time.

If we knew what brand of ink was going into the kits this might be useful,
given that ink manufacturers are a fewer in number than kit packers.

Old July 4th 04, 02:07 PM
Roland Marsey

Brands come and go and vary from country to country, depending on who's
importing and what's being packaged in China at the time, and what brand of
ink the packager can get cheap at the time.

If we knew what brand [Manufacturer] of ink was going into the kits this might be useful,
given that ink manufacturers are a fewer in number than kit packers.

OK, that's fair. Then let me rephrase my Subject:

Who's the best Manufacturer of Black Inkjet Refill Kits?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old July 4th 04, 02:39 PM
___

What is the best off-brandname inkjet refill ink on the market today?

Ink's ink is'nt ? Any brand will do I'm sure, they all claim to be the best
anyway. Look on ebay. I guess JR in the UK is the leading brand ?

Old July 4th 04, 11:35 PM
Roland Marsey

OK, lets try this approach:

If you use a refill kit for your printer, and you like the kit's
quality, what manufacturer and brandname was it, and what was the name
and location of the store where you purchased the refill kit?

Again, thanks in advance for your help!
Old July 5th 04, 12:31 AM
Taliesyn

Roland Marsey wrote:
OK, lets try this approach:

If you use a refill kit for your printer, and you like the kit's
quality, what manufacturer and brandname was it, and what was the name
and location of the store where you purchased the refill kit?

What's a "store"?
Why leave the house?
Why drive my car to who knows where?
Why do you need to see it in person?
Why all these questions?...

Ever heard of buying online?
They have home delivery (via the postal service).

My "store" is atlanticinkjet.com.
Been using it for many years.
Refill a set of carts for about $5, using bulk ink, 8 oz bottles.
Tickled pink... same quality as the real thing.
We've used it on all four food groups - er, printer groups... Epson, HP,
Lexmark and Canon.
It's not "universal" ink, it's the real thing, made for your specific
printer cartridge model.
No, I don't work for them or get anything free.
You asked I offered.

-Taliesyn

Old July 5th 04, 11:36 PM
Roland Marsey

Here's the question:

If you use a refill kit for your printer, and you like the kit's
quality, what manufacturer and brandname was it, and what was the name
and location of the store (or the webpage) where you purchased the
refill kit?

Here are some results:
I've decided to use Inksell.com. The feedback from the newsgroups
seem to be mostly positive.

I'm going to stay away from websites that seem to have spammers:

Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.
See for yourself:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...riphs.printers

Also, tomcas seems to be flooding with Inksupply.com:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...riphs.printers

Ron Cohen and beezer flooding with alotofthings.com:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e... iphs.printers

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ph s.printers

I'll be updating this post later.
Old July 6th 04, 09:37 PM
Jack

My order from Atlantic Inkjet arrived in 2 days. By mail. Incredible
service - both from them, and from the posties.... Mind you, they are
only a 4 hour drive away.....

The ink seems to work too!

Jack Wetmore in NB Can.

Bill wrote:

Roland Marsey wrote:

If you use a refill kit for your printer, and you like the kit's
quality, what manufacturer and brandname was it, and what was the name
and location of the store (or the webpage) where you purchased the
refill kit?

Here are some results:
I've decided to use Inksell.com. The feedback from the newsgroups
seem to be mostly positive.

I'm going to stay away from websites that seem to have spammers:

Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.

I don't think anyone is flooding.

I agree that AtlanticInkjet is a good place to buy, especially for
Canadians since they sell in CDN funds and ship from within Canada. No
exchange rate or other border hassles, prices are reasonable, and
quality is excellent.

The other choices you mentioned also seem good for other people. There's
a reason why people post often about a good supplier...

Old July 6th 04, 09:57 PM
Taliesyn

Roland Marsey wrote:
Here's the question:

If you use a refill kit for your printer, and you like the kit's
quality, what manufacturer and brandname was it, and what was the name
and location of the store (or the webpage) where you purchased the
refill kit?

Here are some results:
I've decided to use Inksell.com. The feedback from the newsgroups
seem to be mostly positive.

I'm going to stay away from websites that seem to have spammers:

Taliesyn seems to be flooding the newsgroups with AtlanticInkjet.com.

Good one from a newbie!

I don't work for Atlantic Inkjet nor do I get free ink or any other
benefits from them. I don't want any ink that way - I'll buy my own ink,
thank you very much. Every once in a while I surf this printer newsgroup
(only) and respond to people asking questions I might have some
experience with. Then I usually leave again when the trolls show up ;-).

-Taliesyn