Testing

Old April 21st 17, 06:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Default Testing

Using Xnews

A few days ago, the list pane lost all articles except for two, dated 3/10
and 3/18. I've tried all sorts of resets, unsubscribing, etc. etc. No
luck. Keep getting only these two articles.

All other groups working fine.

Using eternal-september as ng server.

Will try my Thunderbird newsreader, which uses same.

I am sending to this group just to see if 'sends' work. Retrieve does not.
Old April 21st 17, 06:06 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Boris wrote in
09.88:

Using Xnews

A few days ago, the list pane lost all articles except for two, dated
3/10 and 3/18. I've tried all sorts of resets, unsubscribing, etc.
etc. No luck. Keep getting only these two articles.

All other groups working fine.

Using eternal-september as ng server.

Will try my Thunderbird newsreader, which uses same.

I am sending to this group just to see if 'sends' work. Retrieve does
not.

Yep, it went out and I can read it on this group. I just can't see how to
retrieve older posts.
Old April 22nd 17, 04:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Netscape Navigator 2.02, which I am using, has a
show all messages (rather than just unread) but
won't find messages that the server has deleted.

Locally it keeps a list of message numbers read,
is all.

Slow to adopt.

Old April 23rd 17, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Boris[_5_]

Ron Hardin wrote in
:

Netscape Navigator 2.02, which I am using, has a
show all messages (rather than just unread) but
won't find messages that the server has deleted.

Locally it keeps a list of message numbers read,
is all.

My Xnews is set to save all headers and articles for this newsgroup and
all other newsgroups. This group is the only group where I am having
this problem. I've tried resetting, but no luck. I only have articles
numbered 17885 (3/10/2017) through yours 17893 (4/22/2017). There's
nothing before 3/20/2017, and all of the middle of March, and the first
three weeks in April are missing.

I just tried another lapatop (Win10) where I use Thunderbird, and it
shows articles back to 2014, but does have a large gap between 9/21/2016
and 3/10/2017. I think it's the server.

Both news reasers use eternal-september for the server.

Slow to adopt.

Sometimes that good.
Old April 23rd 17, 02:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ron Hardin

Boris wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote in
:

Netscape Navigator 2.02, which I am using, has a
show all messages (rather than just unread) but
won't find messages that the server has deleted.

Slow to adopt.

Sometimes that good.

Worked fine with win95 and happens to work fine with XP too.

testing Judd Intel 0 June 25th 08 02:15 AM
testing again [email protected] Packard Bell Computers 0 April 11th 07 01:32 PM
just testing Joan Hansen Dell Computers 6 November 11th 06 10:59 PM
testing bubba General 0 September 23rd 06 11:35 PM
testing Louise Dell Computers 0 October 19th 05 02:28 PM