hardware compatibility question regarding compaq deskpro 1.0 Ghz

Old September 14th 04, 03:52 PM
J Santos

Default hardware compatibility question regarding compaq deskpro 1.0 Ghz

Hi everybody,
I remember way, way back in the early 90's that compaq pcs were not
trully compatible with hardware from other manufacturers. When you
needed certain parts you had to get that part from compaq and no one
else.

I'm almost sure that already changed, but don't really know it for
sure. I interested in purchasing a compaq deskpro 1.0Ghz. I have
several expansion boards that are non-compaq that I'd like to use with
that pc, but want to make sure there won't be any type of hardware
compatibility issues.

I'll appreciate whatever feedback you can give me regarding this. The
price they are selling that compaq pc to me is such a great deal that
I don't want to pass me by.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help,

Old September 14th 04, 05:43 PM
Ben Myers

And the specific model of Compaq DeskPro 1.0GHz. Some of the more recent
Compaq DeskPro desktops use an almost standard ATX form factor motherboard with
an AGP slot and PCI slots. They are "almost standard ATX" because the
connector from the power supply to the motherboard is not standard ATX. But the
slots, memory, device connectors are all standard issue.

Didn't the later DeskPro SFF models provide short PCI slots? Or am I confusing
them with other small form factor computers? ... Ben Myers

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:04:03 -0400, "HH" wrote:

Uh, it would help to know what expansion boards you're referring to.
HH

. com...

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 13th 04 03:37 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 January 31st 04 11:44 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 October 3rd 03 04:09 PM