Repair advice for Lexmark Optra S 1620

Old July 18th 05, 06:35 AM
jeffq

Default Repair advice for Lexmark Optra S 1620

I have a Lexmark Optra S 1620 laser printer with 3 paper trays and a
duplex unit that I spent several years accumulating configuration
experience on. It is experiencing several malfunctions, and I want to
know where I might be able to get it fixed. The last time I called
Lexmark (at least a year ago), I found them rather uninterested in
helping someone with an out-of-warranty product. I don't want to have
to re-educate myself on all the complexities of another printer's
drivers, paper-handling settings, and Windows configuration quirks. Can
anyone suggest a (possibly third-party) company that might be able to
fix this unit? Thanks in advance for any information.

Old July 18th 05, 06:43 AM
Tony

"jeffq" wrote:
I have a Lexmark Optra S 1620 laser printer with 3 paper trays and a
duplex unit that I spent several years accumulating configuration
experience on. It is experiencing several malfunctions, and I want to
know where I might be able to get it fixed. The last time I called
Lexmark (at least a year ago), I found them rather uninterested in
helping someone with an out-of-warranty product. I don't want to have
to re-educate myself on all the complexities of another printer's
drivers, paper-handling settings, and Windows configuration quirks. Can
anyone suggest a (possibly third-party) company that might be able to
fix this unit? Thanks in advance for any information.

Well it depends where you are located of course but there are heaps of printer
repair shops, most of them will happily take your business. Try the Yellow
Pages first for a repairer or a supplier of Lexmark lasers (they are sure to
have a repair section or be affiliated with a repair shop). Lexmark parts are
readily available in most parts of the World.
Tony