Matrox millenium II - windows xp , direct3d problem

Old January 8th 05, 07:26 PM
atryda

Default Matrox millenium II - windows xp , direct3d problem

Hi
I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct draw
I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

--

---------------------------------
uwaga na zabezpieczenie antyspamowe w adresie !

Old January 9th 05, 12:44 AM
Tom

"atryda" wrote in message ...

Hi
I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct draw
I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.

Old January 9th 05, 07:43 AM
atryda

Hi
I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct
draw
I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.

hi .. thx for repley but .. this is info from the producent site :

Direct3D, OpenGL, DirectDraw, DirectVideo, DirectX 5 i 6
2D-hardware akceleracja 128-bitowa, optymalizowana dla 8, 16, 24 i
32-bitowej głębi koloru
3D-hardware Multi-texturing, bump mapping, texture modulation, light
mapping, reflection mapping, environmental mapping, procedural texturing,

what do u say about this ?

Old January 9th 05, 04:14 PM
Tom

"atryda" wrote in message ...
Hi
I can't use direct3D in windowsXP with this card, I can use only direct
draw
I have winxp with spI and latest drivers from matrox site please help me

Forget it. The Millenium I/II do not support DirectX.

hi .. thx for repley but .. this is info from the producent site :

Direct3D, OpenGL, DirectDraw, DirectVideo, DirectX 5 i 6
2D-hardware akceleracja 128-bitowa, optymalizowana dla 8, 16, 24 i
32-bitowej głębi koloru
3D-hardware Multi-texturing, bump mapping, texture modulation, light
mapping, reflection mapping, environmental mapping, procedural texturing,

what do u say about this ?

I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
to use under WinXP.

Old January 9th 05, 09:11 PM
atryda

I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
to use under WinXP.

I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6 ? but how can I
remove current version.?

Old January 9th 05, 09:26 PM
Tom

"atryda" wrote in message ...
I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
to use under WinXP.

I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6 ? but how can I
remove current version.?

Trust me it's a waste of time. I went through the same thing last
year, when I was determined to keep a Millenium II. Finally I
coughed up $40 and bought a second-hand G400 off eBay.

Virtually all programs that require or use DX these days require
at least version 6, and the Millenium I/II cards do not support it.
E.g. there is no video overlay support, which is required for
decent DVD playback, etc.

Old January 9th 05, 11:27 PM
Richard Hopkins

"atryda" wrote in message
I say take a look at what version of DirectX you're trying
to use under WinXP.

I use DirectX 9.0c hmm but maybe I should use ver 5 or 6?
but how can I remove current version.?

You can't get WinXP to run with DX5/6. Well, you can, after a fashion, but
the ****ing around that's necessary to make it work doesn't pay off when you
realise that virtually every modern app requires DX functionality that your
graphics card simply doesn't support.

As the others have said, stop wasting any more of your time (and ours) and
accept the fact that you need a more modern graphics card. If you want
further confirmation, use Google to search the group. This question's been
answered loads of times before, there's nothing more to be said.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom