Flexatxstc Bro Essential 700C

Old March 26th 06, 03:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Default Flexatxstc Bro Essential 700C

I am helping a friend with their Flexatxstc Bro Essential 700C. The unit
powers on and stays on but the monitor led light will come on and
immediately powers off. The monitor works fine on another unit. Any
suggestion? Thanks

Old March 26th 06, 03:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

It is powering off because it isn't receiving a video signal. I'm not
familiar enough with the unit to suggest whether it is a problem with a
video card (which can be replaced) or integrated video which cannot. If
it is a video card in a PCI slot, try reseating it.

Mort

Old March 27th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Those boards commonly have bad capacitors. Check for bulging or leaking
electrolytic caps on the motherboard. You can get a replacement board he
http://www.pcpartsohio.com/gateway_d...spx?item_id=73

et...