D-Link DCS-1000 image filename

Old June 29th 03, 05:13 PM
David

Default D-Link DCS-1000 image filename

I have a DCS1000W and cannot get an FTP connection to it from an FTP client,
I receive the error message 'ftp: connect :Unknown error number'.

The built-in FTP on the camera should of course do the trick for outbound
FTP connections but it seems to be desperately buggy. I note that DLINK have
come out with another firmware release v1.29 which is suppossed to fix many
of the FTP problems. Unfortunately I still can't get the damned thing to
send a single FTP image to my web space on the internet. The best I've
managed is a local update on my own LAN to a WarFTP server running on a
laptop (though I note this didn't work in the DCS1000W previous firmware
version ).

I can't understand how a device which has been on the market for so long has
such basic primary faults which must affect many users. There are even
obvious faults in it's web interface if using Java instead of ActiveX.
Switching on the Upload button with the Java interface shows 'upload on' and
then 'upload off' whereas on ActiveX it works properly.

Who tests this rubbish?

I so much wanted this camera to work well but it's FTP faults along with its
awful image quality mean it's simply unfit for at least my purposes.

Good Hunting!

David.

"Steve Safarik" wrote in message
In case anyone with a D-link DCS-1000 wants an easy-access way of getting
the images, rather than going through the ActiveX or Java plugin, you can
get the image file directly by copying 192.168.0.20/IMAGE.JPG
via FTP (it's probably case-sensitive). I'm using this to do some
time-lapse stuff using the "at" command.

Steve.