Cheap drawing tablet?

Old September 18th 08, 04:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jeff

Default Cheap drawing tablet?

Does anyone know of a drawing tablet that has a corded pen? I hate having
to keep putting batteries in everything, and it will stop me from losing
the pen if it's attached. Thanks.
Old September 18th 08, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grumps[_3_]

"Jeff" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a drawing tablet that has a corded pen? I hate having
to keep putting batteries in everything, and it will stop me from losing
the pen if it's attached. Thanks.

I don't know about other makes of tablets, but my little old Wacom has a pen
with no batteries (or cord).

Old September 18th 08, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jeff

Had a look at that make, I'm really after one with a cord attached to the
pen, but thanks for the reply.
Old September 18th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Grumps[_3_]

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:23:38 +0100, Jeff wrote:

Had a look at that make, I'm really after one with a cord attached to the
pen, but thanks for the reply.

Fair enough. Note that the Wacom (and others no doubt) have two functioning
ends and buttons too. The point does the drawing, and the other end is an
eraser (application dependant). Don't know how a corded one could be
inverted and still be useable.

Old September 18th 08, 08:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Ken Maltby

"Grumps" wrote in message
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:23:38 +0100, Jeff wrote:

Had a look at that make, I'm really after one with a cord attached to
the
pen, but thanks for the reply.

Fair enough. Note that the Wacom (and others no doubt) have two
functioning ends and buttons too. The point does the drawing, and the
other end is an eraser (application dependant). Don't know how a corded
one could be inverted and still be useable.

I normally try to avoid posting when I don't have any
experience with, or source for a device - but - is there
one that has a recharging pen holder built into the
tablet? Maybe you could attach a retractable pen or
key reel to the center of the pen? Just an idea.

Luck;
Ken

Old September 19th 08, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Calab

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:23:38 +0100, Jeff wrote:

Had a look at that make, I'm really after one with a cord attached to the
pen, but thanks for the reply.

Something wrong with scotch tape and a string?

Old September 19th 08, 09:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

wrote:

Does anyone know of a drawing tablet that has a corded pen? I hate having
to keep putting batteries in everything, and it will stop me from losing
the pen if it's attached. Thanks.

Get a length of balled chain
example -
http://www.theawristocrat.com/media/...all-Chains.jpg

then drill an undersized hole in the rear end of the pen.
Stuff the last ball or two down into it and you have your
corded pen. IMO it'd be easier to just get in the habit of
always leaving the pen on the tablet w/o a cord.
Old September 20th 08, 10:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jeff

wrote:

Does anyone know of a drawing tablet that has a corded pen? I hate having
to keep putting batteries in everything, and it will stop me from losing
the pen if it's attached. Thanks.

Get a length of balled chain
example -
http://www.theawristocrat.com/media/...all-Chains.jpg

then drill an undersized hole in the rear end of the pen.
Stuff the last ball or two down into it and you have your
corded pen. IMO it'd be easier to just get in the habit of
always leaving the pen on the tablet w/o a cord.

Ball and chain sounds perfect thanks.

Canvas does not allow drawing mm Asus Motherboards 1 December 22nd 06 03:03 AM
schematic drawing Zack Acer Computers 2 June 26th 06 01:43 AM
AGP 6800GS really drawing 45amps??? Noozer General 2 March 7th 06 01:45 AM
45.23 Back to Drawing Board User Nvidia Videocards 0 August 24th 03 11:27 PM