Help-INternet connection

Old September 10th 05, 05:34 AM
Mel

Default Help-INternet connection

I have the router and cable modem in my room. I am connected
wirelessly. Everything is working okay. My wife's machine is connected
to the router in my room via Ethernet.

She cannot connect to the internet.

The light is on the back of her Ethernet connection and on the router.
We are members of a Workgroup. From my machine I can see my own and my
son's machine but not my wife's. My wife can see nobody. I cannot
ping my wife's address.When I try to run IPCONFIG/RENEW or
IPCONFIG/RELEASE from my wife's machine I get the following message.

"The operation failed and no adapter is in the state permissible for
this operation"

My wife's machine has the windows firewall turned on. My machine has
the windows firewall turned off as I use Sygate Personal Firewall.

Everything was working fine until last night and my wife discover that
she no longer had any internet.

Any suggestions.

Old September 11th 05, 02:03 AM
Mel

Well I figured it.
Somehow the TCPIP setting was changed from Obtain an address
automatically. to some setting that I suspect my son may have messed
with. He asking me the other day about opening ports or something so
that he could do something.