g400 AGP horizontal pixel movement

Old September 23rd 03, 12:25 AM
Joe Farruggio

Joe Farruggio wrote:
Yes i am running os/2 and win98 at the same refresh rate. I have to go
out and buy an monitor cable to try that fix, but if it is the cable
shouldnt it effect both operating systems the same way?

Rick wrote:

Are you running OS/2 and Win98 at the same screen resolution
and refresh rate? Have you tried a different monitor cable?

Rick

"Joe Farruggio" wrote in message ...

Joe Farruggio wrote:
Did a fresh installation as per the procedure given by the Matrox forum
and it did not change anything. The problem with it being a faulty chip
is that the card works just fine when i boot to the OS/2 operating
system. It is when i boot to Win98 that i get the problem.

Alan wrote:

Sounds like it might not necessarily be a driver issue, but:
Try the Matrox utility that removes all drivers and do a fresh installation
of your new drivers. Also try drivers that are not quite so recent (always
fresh install and video drivers should always be last drivers loaded)

On the other hand it could be a faulty chip or memory. I had a Matrox where
this happened (only once)

Another suggestion is to contact the Matrox forum as their techs monitor to
offer assistance.

Alan

"Joe Farruggio" wrote in message
.. .

I just purchased a Matrox G400 AGP video card to replace an older Matrox
card that went bad. The new card gives me horizontal pixel movements so
the screen seems to shimmer when operating the windows 98 operating
system.. I tried reinstalling the matrox driver, installing the latest
driver (ver 6.82.016), updating the bios (ver 2.1b35) and increasing the
horizontal refresh rate to 104.1KH. Nothing seems to help. The reason i
believe its the software is that i also have OS/2 as an operating system
using the SciTech SNAP video driver and the effect does not show up
here. Any help in tracking down the problem will be greatly appreciated

Old September 23rd 03, 03:10 AM
Rick

If both OS's are running at the same refresh rate *and* resolution,
then yes. Just out of curiosity have you tried an older Win98
driver from Matrox? They have both WHQL and beta versions
on their website, have you tried both?

[...]

Dynamic Pixel Shift in Firefox with Radeon 9800 Pro and LCD screen? (screenshot URL included) Erik Harris Ati Videocards 0 June 24th 04 01:39 AM
CPU vs GPU cowboyz Ati Videocards 42 May 21st 04 03:17 AM
pixel shader support - can you fake it? cowboyz Ati Videocards 0 May 4th 04 11:52 AM
A few Q's 9500np or 9700mod with limited pixel shader? Skip Ati Videocards 0 November 6th 03 04:47 PM
P4P800 & Matrox G400 Hessu Asus Motherboards 1 July 29th 03 04:43 AM