Which card has dual monitor + AIW ?

Old September 29th 04, 06:08 PM
Brad

Default Which card has dual monitor + AIW ?

Im looking for a new video card that has

- dual monitor support
- All-in-wonder option
- 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)

At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting the
market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be about $600
(CDN)

Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

Old September 29th 04, 11:36 PM
J. Clarke

Brad wrote:

Im looking for a new video card that has

- dual monitor support
- All-in-wonder option
- 128 megs memory or more ( 256 preferred)

At first I didnt think there was such a card available but it appears the
X800 AIW pro fits the bill. I checked the ati site and its just hitting
the market and didnt even have a price listed. Im guessing it will be
about $600 (CDN)

Is there any other cards that have dual monitor and AIW ?

9600AIW. But no DVI.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 30th 04, 03:26 PM
R&B

Why bother with that when you can get a X800 and the new HDTV wonder. I saw
that newegg is selling the HDTV wonder for $150 after $50 rebate. If I were
doing it I would definately go for an HDTV tuner over an analog one any day.

Old October 1st 04, 08:37 AM
Mangyrat

none realy work that well. get a seperat tv card and a video card that will
suport the monitors you want.
in the long run youl save $ if you get the tv card that has everything you
want.
you need to go to this link and do some reading and posting then make up
your mind.
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old October 1st 04, 09:37 AM
Berti Ferranti

none realy work that well.

I have absolutely no problems with dual monitor on my Radeon 9800. I would
definitely go for an 9xxx all in wonder model, instead of shelling out
another 100 buckaroonies for a secondary PCI card for my second screen - not
to mention, that any board w/o APIC will terribly screw up if you use a PCI
video card and a sound card...

regards Berti

Old October 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
yuki

"Berti Ferranti" wrote in message
none realy work that well.

I have absolutely no problems with dual monitor on my Radeon 9800. I would
definitely go for an 9xxx all in wonder model, instead of shelling out
another 100 buckaroonies for a secondary PCI card for my second screen -
not
to mention, that any board w/o APIC will terribly screw up if you use a
PCI
video card and a sound card...

regards Berti

You can get both.
I have AIW 9600XT & TV Wonder.
This allow you to use MultiView which is PiP

I can watch TV on my 2nd monitor while I work on the main monitor.
I can open the 2nd TV in the background. Works pretty well for me.