Alternate MPC Gateway Support Site - Good Info

Old January 30th 09, 03:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

Default Alternate MPC Gateway Support Site - Good Info

I just stumbled upon an alternate support site for Gateway system
information. Most of it echos the Gateway site documentation but there
is additional info you can get about your system. When I went to my
motherboard page for my FX530S system, there were links for a cool web
menu simulation of the BIOS screens, Maintenance BIOS menu, and SATA
RAID BIOS instructions! Check it out:

http://support.mpccorp.com/gtw_support.html

I wish the real Gateway site also provided this additional info, or
even hosted a user support forum like Dell has.

Steve
Old January 30th 09, 02:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

Ikaros wrote:
I just stumbled upon an alternate support site for Gateway system
information. Most of it echos the Gateway site documentation but there
is additional info you can get about your system. When I went to my
motherboard page for my FX530S system, there were links for a cool web
menu simulation of the BIOS screens, Maintenance BIOS menu, and SATA
RAID BIOS instructions! Check it out:

http://support.mpccorp.com/gtw_support.html

I wish the real Gateway site also provided this additional info, or
even hosted a user support forum like Dell has.

Steve

Maybe Gateway's new ownership, Acer, will see the light and realize that
on-line info and support are an asset to being competitive. I doubt it,
though, because Acer has never had a top-notch web site, only one that
is marginally better than some of the 3rd rate Pacific Rim companies
that produce cheap product, throw it over the wall and do not want to
hear from buyers ever again.

Actually, I think that Gateway's web site has always been pretty good.
Not first-rate like Dell's or IBM/Lenovo's, both of which have
illustrated service manuals, but still pretty good... Ben Myers
Old April 8th 09, 08:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
epolockski

As you may be aware, MPC went bankrupt and their support site is gone.
An effort is being made by former MPC employees and customers to provide
a free community forum for support at bonetoss.org 'Support for MPC
Computer & Gateway Pro Customers BoneToss.org • Index page'
(http://bonetoss.org)

Old April 10th 09, 04:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ikaros[_2_]

On Apr 8, 3:28*pm, epolockski
wrote:
As you may be aware, MPC went bankrupt and their support site is gone.
An effort is being made by former MPC employees and customers to provide
a free community forum for support at bonetoss.org 'Support for MPC
Computer & Gateway Pro Customers BoneToss.org • Index page'
(http://bonetoss.org)

Thanks, this is great!

Steve
Old October 30th 09, 05:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
xodusss[_2_]

The new official support site for MPC/Gateway pro systems has drivers,
chipsets, motherboard, and peripheral information on the website. They
have also added manuals and technical service manuals.

Old October 30th 09, 02:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

xodusss wrote:
The new official support site for MPC/Gateway pro systems has drivers,
chipsets, motherboard, and peripheral information on the website. They
have also added manuals and technical service manuals.

Don't keep secrets. Where is the new official web site... Ben
Old October 31st 09, 12:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Ben Myers wrote:
xodusss wrote:
The new official support site for MPC/Gateway pro systems has drivers,
chipsets, motherboard, and peripheral information on the website. They
have also added manuals and technical service manuals.

Don't keep secrets. Where is the new official web site... Ben

Yeah, right.

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/for...rt-233126.html

Even when active, when I went to any GW/MPC site, they did not remember
my now 2 year old GW but did recognize wife's 7 year old machine. PITA.

Dude, next time around, I'm getting a Dell