D875PBZ - DDR400 RAM showing as only DDR333

Old June 24th 03, 03:26 AM
Nishka

Default D875PBZ - DDR400 RAM showing as only DDR333

"ZOD" wrote in message rthlink.net...

Well...I can tell you there are some issues with DDR400 on the D875PBZ.
Not sure where to point the blame yet...hehe

I agree.. Kingston HyperX DDR400 512 modules (non-ECC) were a
NIGHTMARE.. Very, very unstable even with a second bathc.
Old June 24th 03, 05:49 AM
ZOD

I agree.. Kingston HyperX DDR400 512 modules (non-ECC) were a
NIGHTMARE.. Very, very unstable even with a second bathc.

Well.....had a bad board so....we shall see....hehe

Old June 25th 03, 12:45 PM
Andrew & Karina

I had the same problem with Corsair DDR400 on this board , but updating Bios
from P05 to P06 fixed it.
Andrew
thlink.net...

Old June 25th 03, 07:09 PM
ZOD

I had the same problem with Corsair DDR400 on this board , but updating
Bios
from P05 to P06 fixed it.

Yes...bios 6 fixed some DDR issues......

Old June 26th 03, 12:53 AM
bill davidsen

In article ,
Nishka wrote:
| "ZOD" wrote in message
| rthlink.net...
|
| Well...I can tell you there are some issues with DDR400 on the D875PBZ.
| Not sure where to point the blame yet...hehe
|
| I agree.. Kingston HyperX DDR400 512 modules (non-ECC) were a
| NIGHTMARE.. Very, very unstable even with a second bathc.

I equate non-ECC with "hobby quality," but it still should work. Glad
the BIOS upgrade fixes it.

--
Bill Davidsen CTO, TMR Associates
this we should do freely and generously.
Old June 26th 03, 05:19 AM
ZOD

I equate non-ECC with "hobby quality," but it still should work. Glad
the BIOS upgrade fixes it.

Please....ECC...what a joke...hehe

Old June 28th 03, 04:47 AM
Adrian

For what it's worth, I'm using Corsair XMS CMX512-3200C2 modules, they run
perfect at FSB400.

~ Adrian ~

Old June 30th 03, 07:05 AM
Adrian

You do realize that those are really cas2.5@400Mhz modules, right?
Are they running cas2?

Yes, CAS 2.5. Why would I be concerned about that?

~ Adrian ~

Old July 1st 03, 05:56 AM
ZOD

Yes, CAS 2.5. Why would I be concerned about that?

If you went to the extent of buying Corsair....why not get CAS2 Corsair?
The 3200C2 modules are implying cas2 when they are not @ 400MHz.
The 3200LL are true cas2, however.....hehe
I would want to run 2-2-2-5@400Mhz, wouldn't you?

Old July 4th 03, 04:17 AM
Adrian

That maybe true and you do have a point, but then again, I've got more money
in my wallet to go towards some other piece of hardware. Having fast RAM is
good enough for me, but having the fastest with more expense is not as
important.

As I said, you are right and make a good point.

~ Adrian ~