Audio to CD burner

Old August 13th 05, 07:08 AM
ric

Default Audio to CD burner

Asus A7V8Z MB. Realtek AC97 Audio. Audio from hi-fi line out
to computer audio line in. Audio from hi-fi plays fine through computer's
speakers.

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

Suggestions? I have never gotten into CD burning, so I don't know.

--
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Old August 13th 05, 07:17 AM
Grinder

ric wrote:
Asus A7V8Z MB. Realtek AC97 Audio. Audio from hi-fi line out
to computer audio line in. Audio from hi-fi plays fine through computer's
speakers.

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

Suggestions? I have never gotten into CD burning, so I don't know.

You'll have to capture the incoming audio signal before you can burn it
to CD. There may well be a package that does it all, but I think it's
unrealistic to try to burn to a disc "in realtime."

Nero would have all that you need. First capture the incoming data with
"Nero Wave Editor," and save it to wave files. Then, start a new Audio
CD project in Nero Burning ROM, and drag in your waves.

Burn it and you'll have the new additions to your library.
Old August 13th 05, 08:19 PM
ric

"Grinder" wrote in message

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

Suggestions? I have never gotten into CD burning, so I don't know.

You'll have to capture the incoming audio signal before you can burn it to
CD. There may well be a package that does it all, but I think it's
unrealistic to try to burn to a disc "in realtime."

Nero would have all that you need. First capture the incoming data with
"Nero Wave Editor," and save it to wave files. Then, start a new Audio CD
project in Nero Burning ROM, and drag in your waves.

Thanks. Any other software that'll do this? Is Nero available online?

--
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Old August 14th 05, 04:22 AM
Grinder

ric wrote:
"Grinder" wrote in message

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

Suggestions? I have never gotten into CD burning, so I don't know.

You'll have to capture the incoming audio signal before you can burn it to
CD. There may well be a package that does it all, but I think it's
unrealistic to try to burn to a disc "in realtime."

Nero would have all that you need. First capture the incoming data with
"Nero Wave Editor," and save it to wave files. Then, start a new Audio CD
project in Nero Burning ROM, and drag in your waves.

Thanks. Any other software that'll do this?

You can burn audio files with lots of software. Windows Media Player,
WinAmp, and countless others. There are probably other options for
capture as well -- try www.download.com if you're looking for a freebie.

Is Nero available online?

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html
Old August 14th 05, 06:03 AM
ric

"Grinder" wrote in message

You can burn audio files with lots of software. Windows Media Player,
WinAmp, and countless others. There are probably other options for
capture as well -- try www.download.com if you're looking for a freebie.

I'll visit Google as well. I have plenty of software that'll burn captured
audio. It's the capturing part that is lacking.

Is Nero available online?

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

I went there earlier. They have a 30-day free trial on their Nero 6
Ultra Edition version 6.6. Earlier editions as well. Worth a try, I
guess. TKS.

--
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Old August 14th 05, 06:40 AM
kony

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 22:03:56 -0700, "ric"
wrote:

"Grinder" wrote in message

You can burn audio files with lots of software. Windows Media Player,
WinAmp, and countless others. There are probably other options for
capture as well -- try www.download.com if you're looking for a freebie.

I'll visit Google as well. I have plenty of software that'll burn captured
audio. It's the capturing part that is lacking.

Just about any audio editing program will rcord this
incoming audio. here are a few, free ones,

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Realtek's Audio Rack software "might" be able to do it too
(just a guess, I dont' use it but here's a link anyway)
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

Some popular commercial (consumer) titles include Cool Edit,
Soundforge, Voyetra (forget the app's name), Cakewalk.

Old August 14th 05, 07:23 AM
Bob

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 05:40:05 GMT, kony wrote:

Just about any audio editing program will rcord this
incoming audio. here are a few, free ones,

http://www.exactaudiocopy.org/
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Realtek's Audio Rack software "might" be able to do it too
(just a guess, I dont' use it but here's a link anyway)
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True

Some popular commercial (consumer) titles include Cool Edit,
Soundforge, Voyetra (forget the app's name), Cakewalk.

Windows has one - sndrec32.exe. It will create a .wav file for an
input it picks up from the sound card. Just hit the Record button
while the sound is playing in the card. It even has a couple primitive
effects. I have no idea what the quality of the recording is.

Old August 14th 05, 11:47 PM
John McGaw

ric wrote:
Asus A7V8Z MB. Realtek AC97 Audio. Audio from hi-fi line out
to computer audio line in. Audio from hi-fi plays fine through computer's
speakers.

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

Suggestions? I have never gotten into CD burning, so I don't know.

--
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

That is not the purpose of the cable you mention -- it feeds audio from
the drive to the input of the audio system not the other way around.
Virtually no modern system makes use of this cable any more since modern
hardware is able to make better use of the digital signals from the
drive than it ever could the analog signal. I haven't had a system that
had that cable in place for at least five years and every one of them is
able to play back CDs just fine digitally.

I won't go into what is involved in burning CDs since it varies (just a
little) among applications. A bit of a light read of your burning
software manual will let you know.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old August 15th 05, 06:27 AM
ric

"John McGaw" wrote in message
.. .

Asus A7V8Z MB. Realtek AC97 Audio. Audio from hi-fi line out
to computer audio line in. Audio from hi-fi plays fine through computer's
speakers.

Question: What hardware/software is necessary to have CD burner
"see" this audio, and enable user to burn a CD of this audio?

User is currently using Sonic RecordNow to do CD burns, but it won't
do this. Neither will Media Player or Real Player.

That is not the purpose of the cable you mention --

I didn't think I had mentioned a cable. I'll re-read. Nope, no mention of a
cable. To which cable were you referring?

it feeds audio from the drive to the input of the audio system not the
other way around. Virtually no modern system makes use of this cable any
more since modern hardware is able to make better use of the digital
signals from the drive than it ever could the analog signal. I haven't had
a system that had that cable in place for at least five years and every
one of them is able to play back CDs just fine digitally.

You lost me, or I lost you. Whatever, I am just trying to burn a CD of
what is playing on my stereo system, be it a record, tape, or the radio.
I have been successful in getting this audio to the computer so that it
plays through the computer speakers, but apparently I need some sort
of grabbing software to get the audio to the CD burner. A couple of
respondents have mentioned software suitable for the task.

I won't go into what is involved in burning CDs since it varies (just a
little) among applications. A bit of a light read of your burning software
manual will let you know.

Burning CDs from CDs isn't the problem. I have numerous programs
to do that. Burning CDs from non CD (and non PC) sources is the
dilemma.

--
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.