Cordless Key Board

Old December 25th 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ram

Default Cordless Key Board

hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Old December 25th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

ram wrote:
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Search the Logitech site, for information about your product.
By not providing the exact model number and name of the product(s),
it is pretty hard to give any details to you.

http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/blu...etooth-faq.pdf

Paul

Old December 26th 07, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GlowingBlueMist

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Borrow a corded keyboard and get into the BIOS.
You need to either turn on the USB keyboard/mouse options or look for
something like Legacy USB keyboard and turn that on. Some older
motherboards do not have built in USB keyboard functions and have to load
special USB keyboard drivers that are supplied by the keyboard manufacturer.

With out knowing the model of keyboard/mouse and motherboard people here
won't be able to get more specific with a fix.

Old December 26th 07, 01:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Calab

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

Plug it into the PS2 port instead of the USB port.

Old December 26th 07, 02:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
badgolferman

Calab, 12/26/2007,8:48:47 AM, wrote:

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

Plug it into the PS2 port instead of the USB port.

Will this work with a keyboard/mouse combo receiver that plugs into the
USB port?
Old December 26th 07, 02:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Calab

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

Plug it into the PS2 port instead of the USB port.

Will this work with a keyboard/mouse combo receiver that plugs into the
USB port?

Most USB keyboards come with a PS2 adapter...

Old December 26th 07, 02:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
badgolferman

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

Plug it into the PS2 port instead of the USB port.

Will this work with a keyboard/mouse combo receiver that plugs into
the USB port?

Most USB keyboards come with a PS2 adapter...

Let me be a bit more specific.

I have a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard set that has one
receiver which transfers data to the computer via one USB connector.
Will using a PS2 connector in either the keyboard or mouse port of the
motherboard make both of my wireless devices work?
Old December 26th 07, 09:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

"ram" wrote in message
et...
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

Plug it into the PS2 port instead of the USB port.

Will this work with a keyboard/mouse combo receiver that plugs into
the USB port?

Most USB keyboards come with a PS2 adapter...

Logitech should have info on their 'site, maybe in their
forum, about whether a USB set will work on PS2.

Some will and some won't.

Let me be a bit more specific.

I have a Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard set that has one
receiver which transfers data to the computer via one USB connector.
Will using a PS2 connector in either the keyboard or mouse port of the
motherboard make both of my wireless devices work?

If a set uses only one USB plug, it definitely won't work
over PS2 as a set. I suppose there's some slight chance it
would work for the type of device port it were plugged into
(whether the kbd or mouse PS2 port) but I doubt it.
Old December 26th 07, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 17:03:09 GMT, "ram"
wrote:

hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Temporarily try another keyboard, or try that keyboard on
another system. Try a new set of batteries in it and try
using the link buttons on the wireless receiver and
keyboard. You have left out a lot of info about whether it
works at all in any situation and even what model of
keyboard mouse set it is.
Old December 26th 07, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
ram

My Key board is Logitech Cordless Model No . Y-RJ20
OS WINXP Pro
I can now get in BIOS setup but cannot select booting options like SAFE
Boot.
Where in the BIOS can I find USB enable setting.
Thanks

-ram

"Paul" wrote in message ...
ram wrote:
hi,
I have a Logitech cordless key board and mouse. Key board is not
recognised at boot time and I
cannot go into BIOS or select options when I boot WinXP Pro.

Please help.

-ram

Search the Logitech site, for information about your product.
By not providing the exact model number and name of the product(s),
it is pretty hard to give any details to you.

http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/blu...etooth-faq.pdf

Paul

cordless keyboards badgolferman General 5 October 4th 07 10:50 PM
Cordless Intallation Mike Homebuilt PC's 1 February 6th 06 02:02 AM
Asrock Asus Board K7S8X Board: K7S8XE on board sound Shep© Homebuilt PC's 0 December 11th 03 02:27 AM
Cordless headset Shawk Homebuilt PC's 1 October 29th 03 02:57 PM
Best cordless keyboard ??? Claude General 2 August 3rd 03 03:33 AM