Compaq 5225 power supply repalcement

Old January 3rd 04, 04:04 AM
gargoyle

Default Compaq 5225 power supply repalcement

Hi,
I have a Compaq 5225 power supply which needs repalcement.
Compaq PRESARIO 110W POWER SUPPLY PN: 319235-001, it seems like the only
way you can get this power supply is by buying a reburbished unit.
For a $100 and a 30 day guranntee no thanks I do not love the computer
that much maybe $25 and $3 dollar cable but not $100.

Has anyone had any success using atx power supply with a ATX to AT
adapter?
I have found a few for sale but most of them only have 2 MOLEX 15-48-0106
CONNECTORs labeled P8 P9 and a twin lead some with switchs and some
without.

However I have found one cable with 3 MOLEX 15-48-0106 CONNECTORs on it
with P8 P9 P10 plus a twin lead with bayinet connectors. Has anyone used
this cable. Sorry I am not able to give you a pin out on this cable.

It is the only one I have been able to find with three connector similar
to the orginal Compaq supply.

I though I had found someone had information for using atx power supply
but I believe it was converting the orginal working supply to 250watts
instead of the orginal 110 watts.

So can anyone help?
Thanks
SeeYa
Ed
Old January 4th 04, 08:26 PM
Kevin Childers

This may help you find a compatible replacement:
http://store.yahoo.com/power-on/compaq.html

KC
"gargoyle" wrote in message
tt.net...
[...]

6600GT and needed power supply ...D. Nvidia Videocards 84 January 6th 05 03:25 AM
Strange Power Supply Issue Todd Martin Asus Motherboards 3 October 5th 04 08:56 AM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
Compaq proliant 1200 power supply pinout. Jurgen ten Buuren Homebuilt PC's 0 December 2nd 03 09:07 PM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 02:29 PM