Anyone here know who oems the Compaq 041Ch motherboard for Compaq?

Old June 30th 04, 08:26 AM
GMAN

Default Anyone here know who oems the Compaq 041Ch motherboard for Compaq?

Also , does anyone know of a hack or jumper or dipswitch setting to
force bus speeds to 100mhz or 133? I know of the B21 hack but dont want to do
that to the Celeron i have unless needed to.

Old June 30th 04, 11:15 AM
HH

Looks like it's the "lift B21 from ground" thing, since there is no jumper
fo force a specific FSB. Not worth it IMHO.
HH

Old July 1st 04, 06:27 AM
GMAN

In article , "HH" wrote:
Looks like it's the "lift B21 from ground" thing, since there is no jumper
fo force a specific FSB. Not worth it IMHO.
HH

well i already have 3 networked P3 and P4 systems in my house , this is just a
plaything i got from the Salvation Army for $10 with a 10 gig hard drive and
128mb's ram. Stuck my old ATI AIW Radeon card in and a network card and plan
to use it as a poor mans DVR. The celeron 400 overclocked just nicely to
600mhz doing the B21 trick. Thanks anyways for the prompt response!!!!

If anything the tooless case and 10/100 3COM network card are worth what i
paid for it....

Old July 1st 04, 10:55 AM
HH

It likely has a slow hard drive, 5.4K (or even 4.5K) rpm so you might opt
for a 7.2K to ensure smooth live recording. Just a thought.
HH

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "HH"

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM
Compaq FAQ ** NEW INFO** HH Compaq Computers 0 May 15th 04 11:56 AM
Compaq user diagnostics diskette bananaboat Compaq Computers 3 April 21st 04 03:05 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM