Noob Power Supply Question

Old November 26th 07, 08:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Noob Power Supply Question

I'm building a new system. I have a typical mid size tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16811119068).
I need to get a power supply. The reviews for this psu -
are good and wattage seems right for my needs. But the fan is on
top. This makes no sense to me. My case has no air duct in the top.
In fact, I've never seen a case with an air duct in the top. What's
going on? Will it somehow work for me anyway?

Thanks,
-J
Old November 26th 07, 08:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
harikeo

wrote:
I'm building a new system. I have a typical mid size tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16811119068).
I need to get a power supply. The reviews for this psu -
are good and wattage seems right for my needs. But the fan is on
top. This makes no sense to me. My case has no air duct in the top.
In fact, I've never seen a case with an air duct in the top. What's
going on? Will it somehow work for me anyway?

Thanks,
-J

You're looking at the bottom
Old November 26th 07, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Fergus[_2_]

wrote in message
I'm building a new system. I have a typical mid size tower
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16811119068).
I need to get a power supply. The reviews for this psu -
are good and wattage seems right for my needs. But the fan is on
top. This makes no sense to me. My case has no air duct in the top.
In fact, I've never seen a case with an air duct in the top. What's
going on? Will it somehow work for me anyway?

Thanks,
-J

well Noob,

if you look very closely at the case then the psu by enlarging both, you
will determine the psu is in fact photographed showing the bottom (fan).

This is determined by the 2 closer pitched attachment screws being the TOP.

dj

Old November 26th 07, 09:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Ok, it's blowing down. Good point. But it's still not blowing out of
the case - isn't that bad?
-J
Old November 26th 07, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RIAA

wrote in message
Ok, it's blowing down. Good point. But it's still not blowing out of
the case - isn't that bad?
-J

It sucks, not blows.

Old November 27th 07, 05:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Fergus[_2_]

"RIAA" wrote in message

wrote in message
Ok, it's blowing down. Good point. But it's still not blowing out of
the case - isn't that bad?
-J

It sucks, not blows.

this boys a noooooooobbbbbb alright.

Old December 2nd 07, 07:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Chris Darwin

In fact, I've never seen a case with an air duct in the top. What's
going on? Will it somehow work for me anyway?

Thanks,
-J

The fan is on the bottom. It sucks air into the power supply and the air
exits out of vent holes in the back of the power supply/PC, in the same
location as earlier fan types.