Really really weird freeze problem with M2A-VM HDMI

Old November 3rd 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Danko

Default Really really weird freeze problem with M2A-VM HDMI

I have an incredible problem with this problematic board.

I run Vista 64 Ultimate,
2 GB Corsair CL5 DRAM2 800
500 MB Raid 0 and 250 Raid 0 Disks
Integrated ATI card.
CPU Brisbane 4400+@2400 Mhz

BIOS is 801, the most fast and stable one.

I just overclock my system at 209 MHz FSB to get 800 MHz bandwidth, 1600
Mhz Dual Channel.

It seems the setup is fine then...

The system run fine for the whole day. Late night I do Hybernate it.
In the morning I restore the system and it restore fast and fine.

Then...

I work for few hours and unexpected, without any intervantion by my side,
the system start to become irresponsive, cursor is still active and showing
hourglass, slowly all the applets in the traybar (like network monitors)
start to stop animation, window become irresponsive, any activity slowly is
blocked and the system become totally not responsive. Just the
mouse/hourglass it is still alive, the computer is still pingable from
another machine on the LAN, most of the NET commands complete successfully.

Then, if u try to reach the computer via remote desktop, the connection
hang, same if u try to reboot it or shutdown it from another machine in the
LAN. In mny opinion it means even if the computere is still pingable, it is
dead. And it makes no sense to me.

So the only option is the reset button.

The system restarts fine, it work well for another day, then the day after
the first resume it freeze some way again!!!

Note: when it stops there is normal activity in the drive, even the hard
disk led stop to work and been turned off like when it is no activity.

It happen under load or simply with little cpu load, temperature are always
fine, usually between 39 and 45 C.

This problem makes me mad.

I just have to avoid Hybernate/Resume, and I can avoid the freeze. It is
incredible.

Oh, I forgot: it happen with all the bios versions, so it seems it is not
bios related. RAM tested with Memtest86 is totally fine.

I started to think it is related with OS but... why it happen after few
hours from the first resume???

Any idea is welcome!
Old November 4th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
norton

I just overclock my system at 209 MHz FSB to get 800 MHz bandwidth, 1600
Mhz Dual Channel.

1. set the clock back to what the cpu is rated.

2. Run a virus scan

3. Run a spy scan.

4. Halt all the background tasks that are unnecessary, screensaver,
ram boosters, etc.

See if that helps and report back.

Old November 19th 07, 06:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
[email protected]

On Nov 4, 9:48 am, norton wrote:
I just overclock my system at 209 MHz FSB to get 800 MHz bandwidth, 1600
Mhz Dual Channel.

1. set the clock back to what the cpu is rated.

2. Run a virus scan

3. Run a spy scan.

4. Halt all the background tasks that are unnecessary, screensaver,
ram boosters, etc.

See if that helps and report back.

Hi
I've got the same problem .I think it's raid driver but I'm not sure.
Did you solve the problem ?