How to access bios on Soyo SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0?

Old July 22nd 06, 02:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
Doc

Default How to access bios on Soyo SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0?

Just got a computer with a SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0 and on boot I get
a nifty dragon graphic with the boards model number splashed across the
screen but don't see any prompt to get into the bios like I've always seen
on other machines.

My immediate reason is to try and divine why I'm getting no sound, want to
be sure the onboard sound is activated, but also just want to be able to get
into it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old July 22nd 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
Ben Dover

"Doc" blabbered in
ink.net:

Just got a computer with a SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0 and on boot
I get a nifty dragon graphic with the boards model number splashed
across the screen but don't see any prompt to get into the bios like
I've always seen on other machines.

My immediate reason is to try and divine why I'm getting no sound,
want to be sure the onboard sound is activated, but also just want to
be able to get into it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yeah ... read your manual. If you didn't get one, google to Soyo's website
and get the PDF version.

Sometimes people need to do things for themselves before asking for "help".

Old July 22nd 06, 03:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
Louie

"Doc" wrote in message
ink.net...
Just got a computer with a SY-P4I865PE Plus DRAGON 2 v1.0 and on boot I
get
a nifty dragon graphic with the boards model number splashed across the
screen but don't see any prompt to get into the bios like I've always seen
on other machines.

My immediate reason is to try and divine why I'm getting no sound, want to
be sure the onboard sound is activated, but also just want to be able to
get
into it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

On my Dragon K7VKPE, it's the Delete key to get into the BIOS. HTH

Louie
Gainesville, FL

Old July 22nd 06, 09:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard
[email protected]

Also try the tab, F1, F2 keys.