X1900xt Power requirements?

Old June 1st 06, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default X1900xt Power requirements?

Hi, im a bit worried about by power supply here, it's a Enermax Liberty
Modular 400W, my system is:-

4000 am2
asus m32 sli deluxe thingy
x1900xt
74gig raptor
xfi xtreme music
2 dvdrws
and 2 case fans

Will that PSU be enough, ive heard it can power things that should require
more than 400w on review sites, but id also like to overclock my cpu from
2.0ghz to maybe 2.6 if possible...

Will i need to upgrade the psu do ya think?

Old June 1st 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 20:20:28 GMT, "Bishop"
wrote:

Hi, im a bit worried about by power supply here, it's a Enermax Liberty
Modular 400W, my system is:-

4000 am2
asus m32 sli deluxe thingy
x1900xt
74gig raptor
xfi xtreme music
2 dvdrws
and 2 case fans

Will that PSU be enough, ive heard it can power things that should require
more than 400w on review sites, but id also like to overclock my cpu from
2.0ghz to maybe 2.6 if possible...

Will i need to upgrade the psu do ya think?

Should be OK if this PSU is ok quality.

--
Clas Mehus
- "Den som har flest prylar när han dör vinner..."
Old June 2nd 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

I'm not dead certain, but if this is your supply:

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...products_id=81

it is rated at 20A on each of its two 12V rails. That ought to be good for a
single X1900XT graphics card. You might need a more powerful supply for two
cards on a Crossfire mainboard. As you can only use a single ATI card on
your nVidia mainboard, you should be fine.

Old June 2nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Yeah thats my PSU!

I'd never do the dual vid card thing to be honest.

Thanks! Ive just ordered the sapphire x1900xt! I waiting to play fear
properly.

"Bishop" wrote in message
Hi, im a bit worried about by power supply here, it's a Enermax Liberty
Modular 400W, my system is:-

4000 am2
asus m32 sli deluxe thingy
x1900xt
74gig raptor
xfi xtreme music
2 dvdrws
and 2 case fans

Will that PSU be enough, ive heard it can power things that should

require
more than 400w on review sites, but id also like to overclock my cpu

from
2.0ghz to maybe 2.6 if possible...

Will i need to upgrade the psu do ya think?

24 pin power supplies, stability issues? Don Burnette AMD x86-64 Processors 32 April 21st 06 12:14 PM
P5GD2 Deluxe Ðavïd Asus Motherboards 11 January 14th 05 01:17 PM
Can I fabricate my own USB power cable? Bryan Ischo General Hardware 5 September 12th 04 10:58 AM
NVidia 6800 Ultra power requirements John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 12 April 22nd 04 09:53 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking 333 November 27th 03 08:54 PM