Opening Aspire 3610

Old February 22nd 07, 08:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Louie

Default Opening Aspire 3610

Does anyone know how or can point me in the right direction? Have to
replace LCD. Thanks!

Louie

Old February 22nd 07, 10:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS[_2_]

yep.
close the laptop, remove the 3 screws on the back,at the base of the lcd .
then open the laptop, and carefully, near the right hand side, remove the
cover,the one that the 3 screws were in. use a plastic knife or credit card,
and gently pop off the little cover. (your power buttons etc are on this
cover).then, remove the little rubber dots on the lcd trim, these are screw
hole covers, put them somewhere safe(i used a pill bottle)you will need
these to plug the screw holes back up.remove the screws now again use a
credit card, remove the bezel trim from the lcd .after that, you will see
the invertor, gently disco both ends of the lcd and the cable that aatches
to the base(it will be a little cable near where the acer logo was on the
cover you removed.)remove the screws on opposite ends of the hinges.you'll
also see 4 mounting screws that attach the lcd to the laptop lid.when you
remove the old lcd,hold it near the base,same when replacing the new
one.once you get the first few steps done, its easy to see how it
dissasembles.

.. .

Old February 22nd 07, 10:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Louie

doS wrote:
[...]

"Louie" wrote in message
.. .
Does anyone know how or can point me in the right direction? Have to
replace LCD. Thanks!

Louie

Appreciate it! Exactly what I was hoping for! g Was going bonkers trying
to find something on the Web.

Louie

Old February 22nd 07, 10:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Louie

doS wrote:
did you get the replacement lcd?

snip

It's in transit.

Old February 23rd 07, 12:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS[_3_]

expensive?
just curious.

"Louie" wrote in message
.. .

Old February 23rd 07, 12:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Louie

doS wrote:
expensive?
just curious.

"Louie" wrote in message
.. .
doS wrote:
did you get the replacement lcd?

snip

It's in transit.

Not really. Found it in surplus. About $100US plus $30US for shipping.
Seller says it works, we'll see. g

Old February 23rd 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
doS

wish I had known, I just sold one on ebay for 53.00 USD
you can email me if you need more help, be glad to assist you.

"Louie" wrote in message
.. .
doS wrote:
expensive?
just curious.

"Louie" wrote in message
.. .

Old February 23rd 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Louie

doS wrote:
wish I had known, I just sold one on ebay for 53.00 USD
you can email me if you need more help, be glad to assist you.

snip

Damn! Wish I had known also. I'll get back to you.

Louie

Acer 3610 usb,elp Zaida Acer Computers 0 November 16th 06 02:17 PM
Help opening Port 13 daveiosys General 5 November 2nd 06 05:48 PM
need help opening case Me Packard Bell Computers 1 May 29th 05 03:39 PM
Opening up my PC [email protected] General Hardware 1 March 7th 05 04:42 PM
GRAND OPENING Nev Homebuilt PC's 0 August 21st 03 08:24 PM