Help Please

Old January 6th 06, 12:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Emmy

Default Help Please

Hello,

I switched over to Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird today from IE and Outlook
Express.

I am subscribed to three newsgroups through Outlook but they will not update
in Thunderbird. Every 30 seconds I
receive a message box prompting me to give my user name and then another
message box prompting me for my
password. I have enter the information but the boxes still keep coming.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help my with this problem.

Thank you,
Emily

Old January 6th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Wes Newell

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 16:32:31 -0800, Emmy wrote:

I switched over to Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird today from IE and Outlook
Express.

That's nice.

I am subscribed to three newsgroups through Outlook but they will not
update in Thunderbird. Every 30 seconds I
receive a message box prompting me to give my user name and then another
message box prompting me for my
password. I have enter the information but the boxes still keep coming.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help my with this problem.

First, learn the diference between this newsgroup,
alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird, which has to do with AMD K7 thunderbird
core CPU's and a software group.

Next, enter the *proper* user name and password assigned to you by your
news server (ISP?) in those little boxes that pop up and you will probably
get what you want.

--
Want the ultimate in free OTA HDTV Recorder? http://mythtv.org

Old January 6th 06, 02:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Louie

Emmy wrote:
Hello,

I switched over to Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird today from IE and
Outlook Express.

I am subscribed to three newsgroups through Outlook but they will not
update in Thunderbird. Every 30 seconds I
receive a message box prompting me to give my user name and then
another message box prompting me for my
password. I have enter the information but the boxes still keep
coming.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help my with this problem.

Thank you,
Emily

Emily,

Did you check the password manager box to remember your password? Had this
happen to me after I first switched from OE to TB. HTH
--
Louie
Gainesville, FL

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Dennis Miller